clean up nero 8!!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by zfactor, Dec 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

this is one source though this info can be found many places if you are looking for it:

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=597654

Make sure the Automatic Updates service is set to Auto and running or installer will fail.

Run these commands to get rid of junk installed by Nero:

CODE
    regsvr32 /u "%COMMONPROGRAMFILES%\Nero\Lib\MediaLibraryNSE.dll"

cmd /c del "%COMMONPROGRAMFILES%\Nero\Lib\MediaLibraryNSE.dll"

net stop NMIndexingService

sc config NMIndexingService start= disabled

cmd /c del "%COMMONPROGRAMFILES%\Nero\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe"

cmd /c del "%COMMONPROGRAMFILES%\Nero\Lib\NMIndexingServicePS.dll"
    Now notice you get this error logged in the event viewer after using nero:

Quote -
    DCOM got error "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. " attempting to start the service NMIndexingService with arguments "" in order to run the server:
    {E8933C4B-2C90-4A04-A677-E958D9509F1A}

To get rid of this error run:

CODE
    REG DELETE HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{E8933C4B-2C90-4a04-A677-E958D9509F1A}
    And to get rid of the service in services.msc run:

CODE
    sc delete NMIndexingService
    And while your add it might as well get rid of the other BS ones by running:

CODE
    REG DELETE HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NMIndexingService

REG DELETE HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\{D55E16BA-BBC9-4F7E-A147-E5DFBCC71480}

REG DELETE HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\NMIndexingService.EXE

REG DELETE HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\NMIndexingService

also half the nero install is a temp install folder in the hidden local directory this folder is about 700mb. this can be deleted you just need to run the installer from the dics or hdd location if you remove this. hope this is usefull for some of you..

Last edited: Dec 24, 2007
  2. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

okay sorry forgot to mention what this all does. this will remove scout totally and also remove any indexing services added by nero. after this there will only be one service running for nero and it will only run when nero is actually open. upon closing of nero that one service goes away. i tried all this and it works perfectly. i had 0 issues. this is info from doing much searching online to remove the nmindexing services which are only need if you are running scout. even after turning scout off in the main window the services still run. you can disable them but i have had some error messages that way this removes them totally

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.