Clean up Acronis

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tbone52, Apr 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tbone52

tbone52 Registered Member

Hello. I have Acronis TI 10.0 and have used it for only a short time. I just inastalled a new hard drive and re-formated my external drive. What I would like to do is start fresh w/ Aconis and remove ALL past entries and histories that may have been saved within the software itself. For example, although I do not have and data on my external drive where my backups have been saved, I noticed that as I go through Aconis Backup Wizard, it shows folders such as "F:MyBackup.tib"--"F:Mybackup2tib"-- "F:Mybackup3.tib" in the drop down box. I would like to make Acronis clean like the day I purchased it. Any Ideas?

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

There are no folders on the F drive due to Acronis. When you create a backup, TI suggests the file name MyBackup.tib in the last location used or the next drive. Check with Windows Explorer and you will see that your F drive is still empty.

As far as removing every entry on your C drive from the current or a previous installation, the only reason to do this would be if you had some serious problems with TI that were not corrected by uninstalling and reinstalling the software. If that's not the case, it's not worth worrying about.

For future reference, you could make an image of a system using the Recovery CD without every installing TI. That give you an image to restore that has no Acronis software. I often do this when I buy a new computer so that I can restore it to the delivered state if necessary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.