Clean install Vista ultimate 64 - NOD32 not updateing

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by acapon, Jul 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acapon

acapon Registered Member

Hi Guys,

I have just done a clean install of VISTA64 Ultimate and installed NOD32 2.70.39.

When trying to update it just cycles throught the download servers failing to download anything.

I have emailed support but it is the weekend so I will not hear anything till Monday.

Has anyone got any idea what may be going wrong?

Thanks for any help.

Andy

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello !

Welcome to Wilders!

The only possible reasons are:
    1. no Internet connection is established
    2. a firewall is blocking the nod32krn.exe service
    3. the proxy server settings in the NOD32 update setup are wrong (in case you use proxy)

3. acapon

acapon Registered Member

Hi,

Thanks very much for the very quick answer.

Internet is ok.

I have tried with windows firewall off and it still doesnt work, same machine running xp32 works fine so probably not a router issue.

Proxy server is turned off, same settings as xp32.

Do you have any other ideas?

Cheers

Andy

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Enable Windows Firewall now in order to stay protected from hackers , it's important .

1) Download the latest fresh version of NOD32 v 2.7 for your operating system
    Trial version or Full paid version

2) Open Control Panel-> Add/Remove programs and Uninstall NOD32

3) Reboot when prompt

4) After restart , go to C:\Program files and manually delete the folder ESET

5) Repair Winsock
    Goto Start –> type cmd in the "Start search" line . When Command prompt appears in the program list , Right click on it and choose "Run as Administrator" . Approve the operation .
    Type netsh winsock reset
    Press ENTER . Restart immediately !

Note that there is a space between the commands , example netshSPACEwinsockSPACEreset

6) Install NOD32 from the file you downloaded in step 1
    Use "Typical" install . Use this tutorial for the installation

7) Make sure you have stable internet connection and NOD32 (nod32krn.exe) is allowed to go through your firewall.
    Then try to update NOD32 !

5. acapon

acapon Registered Member

Hi,

Thanks for the info, giving it a go now.

Cheers

Andy

6. acapon

acapon Registered Member

Hi,

Completed all steps and it still doesn't work.

I have had a reply from Tech Support who asked me to run a system details type app and post the results back to them which I have done.

The whole thing is a bit weird, I have 4 liscences for NOD32 running for a couple of years with no real problems before.

I new I should have kept away from vista!

Cheers

Andy

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Since you got reply from Eset Tech Support , I think we should stop here. Listen to their advises so that they help you.

The last thing you can do is to ping an Eset server so that you undertstand if there is at least some connection . If there isn't , something is blocking it

Goto Start –> type cmd in the "Start search" line . When Command prompt appears in the program list , Right click on it and choose "Run as Administrator" . Approve the operation .
    Type ping u39.eset.com
    Press ENTER

If at the end you see 0% loss , there is traffic . If you see 100% loss , then there is no traffic between your computer and the server.

Continue with Eset Tech Support . Good luck and let us know how you go ! :thumb:

8. acapon

acapon Registered Member

Hi,

Yep I can ping the servers ok.

Thanks for your help on this, I will post the solution when we get it to work.

All the best

Andy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.