Clean Install or over top

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Robyn, May 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I am unsure which is the best way for this new version as I have only been using NOD for a few months so have no experience when a completely new version is released o_O

Is it preferrable to uninstall completely and then install the new version rather than waiting for the update via the live update and installing over the top (or over the top from the download server as it is now?)

Apologies if this has been asked within another post :oops: I want to leave the least room for any errors/conflicts with NOD as it is now.

Thanks

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Robyn

You can download the latest release and install over the top or uninstall and reinstall as you prefer.

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

4. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Apologies for only getting back now - my e-mail notice didn't arrive :oops:

Thanks to both will read the link and make my mind up from the info (hopefully)

OK some had no problems with an OTT install and others prefer the uninstall and clean install. At least the uninstall is clean if necessary after the upgrade. I have my own to do plus my friends so need to do mine and see how things go.

5. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Robyn,

Be sure to post back with your results. I myself did a clean install (just because that's the way I am).

Good luck,

Jag :)

6. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I am still contemplating as I have been installing other security layers over the last few days on both computers (exhausted with installs just now)

When my mind is clear again I will be able to think a lot better. Although NOD is working fine for me I am tempted to a clean install hoping it may make the list shorter in IMON as I have quite a list in there. One other reason would be to try and work out better about adding excluded files as I am not too sure about this either although I do see a post running on this at the moment.

A lot to read and keep watch on and then report how my install goes - hopefully I will be happy :)

7. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

To me this is always a personal decision....and do not feel you will regret a clean install. Regardless of how flawless some program installs can be over the top of another version....I....along with many others....choose a clean install versus over the top....simply a personal decision.

8. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Bubba, I think you are correct especially when this version is a new build.
    I have to admit it will not be tonight but I am am almost decided when I do upgrade I will install afresh and configure all over again to Blackspear's configs. I know others have not had any issues which is great and would be lovely to think it would be the same for me. The IMON Efficiency list and the excludes are my main reasons for thinking I need a fresh install as I was o_O about these.

A fresh, clear mind will help me at the moment my mind is in overflow ;) I know with most programs advice is for a clean install so I am almost there in my thinking process.

9. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Just finished :) I decided to go for the clean install and so far so good. Cool new splash screen when I re-booted.

I have hopefully configured again to Blackspear's configurations and will now set a scan running to make sure everything is OK on the computer.

I am unsure about one setting with Emon - Blackspear has marks the plain text - fine but nothing in RTF - should I mark this to be scanned also? o_O

BTW all graphics are complete on my set up - off to do a real scan now.

Thanks for all the advice even though an over the top was possible I made my mind up for a clean install instead.

10. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Yes, I tick that as well, I will update the Extra Settings thread soon, as I have discovered a few screenshots missing, and a few settings also missing.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.