Clean Free Space doesn't wipe all

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by dingebre, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dingebre

dingebre Registered Member

I did an experiment with the Clean Free Space utility in version 9 build 1,461 under Windows XP Professional. I ran the clean free space and then used "Winundelete" to see if it found any "un" deletable files. It found nearly 10,000 files. I ran the clean free space again and still there were nearly 10,000 files. I ran a competitor's program and it removed all the deleted files in the free space.

Has anyone else tested this utility? Does it work for you?

Thanks.
    David

2. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I just uses TuneUp Utilities 2006's TuneUp Shredder feature when I want to delete some files that I am sure that I don't like to recover. :cool:

I also uses the free HD Cleaner's Wipe Free Space feature to clean free space on my drive. ;)

Haven't use yet what you've mentioned. :rolleyes:

3. dingebre

dingebre Registered Member

Thanks. You know, I realized after I posted that this is not an Acronis product specific page. The product I'm using is Acronis Privacy Expert with version and build as before. I apologize for the cryptic question. I thought I was posting to an Acronis sponsored board.

David

4. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Now i know, Clean Free Space is part of an Acronis product, thank you. I hope they are able to fix the serious sounding problems very quickly

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hello David,

I have taken the liberty to move this thread to an appropriate Acronis Forum as it appears you intended.

Bubba

6. englishman

englishman Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.