City buses across America now covertly recording passengers' conversations

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by lotuseclat79, Dec 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

City buses across America now covertly recording passengers' conversations.

-- Tom

2. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

If you've ever been on a city bus, you can hardly have a conversation over the noise of the bus' motor noise not to mention the other "conversations" and noises, buzzers, outside noises etc. They would have to have a pretty sophisticated microphone system just inches from your head to understand anything you said IF it could isolate a conversation from everyone else's voice. o_O

3. TheWindBringeth

TheWindBringeth Registered Member

It seems to me that the onboard system wouldn't have to do (all of) the filtering/analysis. Some could be done by whatever system is being used to process the recordings. Separate microphones and recording channels could help with that I think. This makes me wonder what the state of the art is WRT computerized analysis for purposes of identifying and breaking out separate human voices. In a multiple-voice, noisy background setting as you say. Surely there are some experts in that field toiling away every day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.