Cisco - Network Admission Control

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by bsilva, May 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bsilva

bsilva Registered Member

I'm just wondering if Eset is going to participate in Cisco's NAC solution. The company I work is looking into it and eventually is going purchase this solution. I would hate to loose NOD32 because of this. Quick note, one of the major reasons is that this solution prevents users from accessing our network if they don't have the latest signatures and version.

Here's the link: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/netsol/ns466/networking_solutions_package.html

Thanks,
    Brian

2. bsilva

bsilva Registered Member

Has anyone from Eset look into this?

3. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

withoiut wandering off topic, but I understood the cisco NAC to be a internal sytem and would prevent anything installed inside the control accessing inside or getting out unless authorised

I can't see that NOD or any other program on an external computer wanting to contact the network from outside is going to be affected, otherwise any product on an external computer connecting to your network would be blocked so taht would rulke out 90% of the products on the market

Please correct me if I am reading your post wrong though

4. bsilva

bsilva Registered Member

Yes, that is true... For example, We have person who was on vacation for 2 or 3 weeks, and shut off thier pc. When they come back they cannot get in on our network until they have all the updates.

One of my biggest problems is Doctor's or users bringing in thier home laptop's and trying to get in on our network by plugging into our wall jacks. So unless they meet our policy which will include them having our anti-virus, they can't get in.

Last edited: May 10, 2005
  5. Bandicoot

Bandicoot Eset Staff

Hello folks,

Eset have applied to be part of this program. We don't envisage any problems being compatible.

Bandicoot. :)

6. bsilva

bsilva Registered Member

Thank you very much Bandicoot. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.