CIS v5 Release

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by blacknight, Sep 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

I'm loving CIS 5 at the moment. Safe online is working well so far. It might slow up my initial start up of firefox a few seconds. I'm liking that I can use SOL because when I was running sandboxie I couldn't use it. I think that its a great combo.

2. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

It is a very good combo.Prevx just gives that extra layer of protection with pretty much zero impact on resources.:thumb:

3. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Giving it another chance again.

4. sportsfan7700

sportsfan7700 Registered Member

Fort Worth, Texas USA "Where the West Begins"
    Is the only way to do a scan cavscan.exe? (in safe mode)

5. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Changed installation to Comodo Firewall (comes with Defense+). Sick of AV component.

6. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

Could you elaborate for us please??

7. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Well, the full scan still takes forever with high resource usage. Cancelling it was impossible without shutting down.
    Was using it with real-time disabled as an on-demand scanner and Avast real-time (w/ exclusions), but I've given up.

Can't entirely blame Comodo, but I just don't trust their new antivirus enough to make it real-time.

8. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

Thanks - wonder if it would of run better with "AD"vast uninstalledo_O ?

9. smage

smage Registered Member

This one is a nice release.
    Give it a try and enjoy.

Regards

10. Clench Tightly

Clench Tightly Registered Member

In 48 minutes??;)

11. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

Are you sure it's working there? Have you tested it with a program that adds a registry key? I used ACDSee 2.4 which adds a key to HKCU. When I auto-sandbox the program, the key is created and persists after closing the program. If I manually sandbox the program, the key is not created and a new folder for acdsee.exe is created in the vritualroot folder to virtualize the file system writes.

12. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

How about after reboot?

13. Morro

Morro Registered Member

I have to agree with Tobacco, although you used one as on demand and the other as realtime...you where using two AVs at the same time. From what i remember seeing here on Wilders, it is normally not a good idea to run two AVs at the same time.

You could tryout the Comodo AV part without Avast installed. A full scan of my HD with over 300.000 files only took around 28 minutes to finish.

14. guest

guest Guest

If in the AV settigns, in "manual scanning" you have checked the option "Enable cloud scanning" the scan process will take much more time because some files will need to be uploaded and CIS will wait for the results of those files. So maybe you was trying to cancel it and CIS was waiting for some results.

I have had Comodo AV disable with other AV like you without any problem, if the scan time took a long time check the settings, in my pc the full scan takes the same time more or less than with other AV's and the resources consumptions is also high with other AV's, some AV's have a slow scanner to dont eat so many resources but takes much more time.

15. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

Yep, this is working out great. CIS5 (full Suite) and Prevx SOL (facebook). Very low resource usage and as far as I can tell, no slow down on the system. I've had maybe 3 popups so far using it for 2 days and wondering if it really is working! :argh:
    Ice

16. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

yes after testing malware that comodo traped in the sandbox i deleted from the sandbox then i scan with hitman pro all was clean and after that i check my registry and i check all corners of it as i know it well:D no malware traces:D

17. guest

guest Guest

18. Morro

Morro Registered Member

I did not liked the fact that CIS was checking for updates every 30 minutes so i asked on their forums whether CIS5 allowed us to change the update frequency....well unfortunately it still does not at the moment. BUT, a moderator by the name of Panic give me this link to a post he/she made to manually set CIS to check in 4 hour intervals.

https://forums.comodo.com/wishlist-cis/an-option-bar-to-choose-how-often-the-antivirus-will-update-t47551.0.html;msg342090#msg342090

Now as far as i can see i can not choose a single file to scan using Panics method so i picked critical areas. Maybe others want to try this method to.(Have to wait till 8 pm to see the first update. :) )

19. JoeBlack40

Here is no harmony between CIS and SO.Two times my laptop freeze and i had to reboot because SO was authenticate some files (speedy itunes and when i installed Manycams).So...SO was kicked out of my laptop.
    PS.Of course that SO was in CAV's exclusion list and CIS on SO's override list.

20. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

very strange whn it was in beta stage it was just perfect but problms starts after they realas the rgular realeas:D,what is going on i see some pople having problems?

21. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

Which OS? I am running mine on Win7 32 and Win7 64 with no issues using the lastest CIS 5 and .185 of Prevx SOL. Also, I am using IE8 on both.
    Ice

22. JoeBlack40

Win 7 Ultimate 32.I use 99% FF,but occasionally IE,and Opera and Chrome portable.But it's not a browsing issue here Ice.

23. JoeBlack40

I think it's just me,it seems the other users of CIS and SO doesn't have this kind of problems.

24. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

im running the full suite now and i have no issue at all.

25. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

im wondering why the huristics scanning level is set to off and not low in the scheduled scans.

anyone know ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.