CIS V5 public beta

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by kjdemuth, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

I don't know what problem do you have with the installer,but take a look at the screenshot.Everything's fine with the options.Checked 5 minutes ago.

Attached Files:

2. acowild

acowild Registered Member

I understand why now, If you download the exe from the Comodo firewall page, you get the same size file but it doesn't show that installation section with the virus/firewall selection. Yet if you install that package and do add/remove programs and click change it shows as antivirus also installed.

3. JoeBlack40

I guess you are doing something wrong.You have to download the Comodo Internet Security Premium exe to be able to choose what do you want to install.

4. acowild

Not at all, just that you were comparing the premium ie antivirus + firewall version. If you follow the link to the firewall page i.e this http://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/firewall.php not the internet security page. The download on it has the choice page missing though I think it might only install firewall even though it shows antivirus in the add/remove change, selection.
    I expected both the pages to have the same download, but atm this is not the case.

5. JoeBlack40

Again....why you are on the FW link?In fact,what do you want to install?
    Click on HERE if you want to install what i was talking about.

6. PRUHDG

PRUHDG Registered Member

That's because you choose to download firewall and not CIS,When you download firewall you would not be given the option for av.
    cfw_installer_x86.exe= no av option
    cispremium_installer_x86.exe= av option
    although both are of the same download size.

7. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Guys remember. test with precaution ;)

8. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

I think alot of people are forgetting its a 1st release beta.

9. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Cloud based scanning seems still some what new to me. Most reviews I have seen of Cloud based scanning seems to miss most of the malware.

10. guest

guest Guest

Could scanning is a complement in comodo, you still will have the normal AV + the cloud engine.

11. acowild

Yes, but if you do choose this option (cfw_installer_x86.exe), after installation add/remove programs -> change shows both firewall and antivirus installed. Hence the confusion.

12. TheIgster

TheIgster Registered Member

No, not really.

When I was writing software, even my first release beta's would at least run.

13. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

Ya, but if Betas had not bugs, they would be finale releases. The beta of a new version of an HIPS/fw with sandbox is a bit complex...

14. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I'm interested in testing this out as well, just for kicks. However, not until it's at least a few betas in will I go near it. Comodo is becoming known for rushing and doing shoddy (that's the nicest term I could come up with and be realistic) work on its Betas. I keep wondering why, if they don't even bother making their Betas work decently or at all, anyone keeps sticking around for Finals. How many other serious companies does anyone know of release things to the public that shouldn't even be out of their lab yet?

I didn't come in here to just post a rant, I do intend to give it a shot, like all of their CIS releases, I just never expect a good experience anymore.

15. TheIgster

I didn't say that betas wouldn't have bugs. What I said is, they should at least LOAD and RUN. This thing wouldn't even run.

It's like test driving a new car. If the car won't start, well, you're kind of sol aren't you?

16. kjdemuth

17. TheIgster

I realize this, but am quite surprised that someone like Comodo could even release a beta version that doesn't even load on a Win 7 64-bit system. Especially considering CIS 4 ran just fine previously. Much of the same infastructure must be there, but it won't even run? That's pretty bad IMO.

18. burebista

burebista Registered Member

It looks like if you don't install AV module you'll be fine. I've installed all suite and I've had problems, first stuck in Welcome screen (but after a reset from button was OK) and later when I disabled AV and did a reboot I've ended with a zombi computer, sitting in desktop without any icons and everyhing dead, not even a mouse click.
    Now I'm waiting beta 2 today or tommorow. :)

19. TheIgster

Yeah, I've heard that, but I wanted to test the whole suite. Well, maybe they'll fix the issue in Beta 2.

20. kjdemuth

Good point igster. yeah I agree. It does seem kind of odd that they would do that. I would think that behavior from an alpha release. When I was beta testing EAM I kind remember a few folks having issues w/ 64 bit. Sometimes it was additional programs running causing a conflict. I apologise if I was a little snappy earlier. I had a rough night working.

21. smage

smage Registered Member

Hi,

Another review of CIS 5 Beta.

-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY9j3Py_iso&playnext=1&videos=VxTTQI-m7kI-

-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3NRItLcMJQ&playnext=1&videos=I0syiIleAH4-

Regards

22. TheIgster

No problem...not at all...;)

23. TheIgster

Just watched the first link. Who is this guy? I believe he said 'awesome' literally 25 times. Ugh...

24. gery

gery Registered Member

probably he was just worshiping instead of reviewing it:D o_O o_O

25. pjb024

pjb024 Registered Member

It must be Chris from MRG :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.