CIS V5 public beta

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by kjdemuth, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pabrate

pabrate Registered Member

You can receive updates for WinXP and for VirtualPC you cant.

btw why do you hate VMware ? Can you tell more about reasons ?

Also, you're not serious, how can you bash Comodo and say it's a bad product , just cause it's not working under VirtualPC 2007 ?
    That's just hilarious.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Keep the discussion civil and on topic please. If this isn't possible, the thread will close.

3. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

Leaving aside the completely irrelevant issue of CIS not functioning in VirtualPC 2007;I say irrelevant because I seriously doubt MS will be offering a fix anytime soon (and yes it is MS responsibility to ensure 3rd party software runs on their platform not vice versa).

Has anyone been in contact with Oracle regarding this matter? I'd be far more confident of there being a workaround for the Virtualbox issues.

4. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
    enough said
    Ice

5. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

my comodo antivirus database is now 5994;) :thumb:

6. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

So much lol. Check my thread "What happens in CIS5 if..." before i left their lame forums. I gave them a perfectly valid problem to think about and just observe their reactions.
    You got to be insane to trust security of your system to ppl who respond like that. But their fanboys will use it even if it has 0% detection, more security holes than you can count holes in a swiss cheese and they'll keep on posting :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: in every freakin thread. What an impossible noobs.:rolleyes:

7. guest

guest Guest

Bla, bla, bla, please prove it.
    To be in the Whitelist cloud first the file need to have a valid digital signature as far as I know.
    Anyway you couldn't wait to the answer of a dev, you need to do the fool again and again, you already made the fool with VPC2007, dont worry they will reply soon.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2010
  8. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

That's your problem. All you can say is "where is a proof", "it's designed that way" or someting else similary stupid. Is it MY job to figure out a problem? No. I just reported a flaw based on my observation. In return i could get an explanation rejecting my theory. But i got none, so if previously unknown file (which obviously wasn't marked as trusted based on Whitelist) was scanned by CIMA and after it was found Safe (by CIMA), it got full trusted flag and it could do whatever it wants to do.
    Now if you can't see the problem with that, then continue to pursuit your stupid proof. I guess i'm just beyond anything technical you can even understand so leave the more technical stuff to the big boys will ya?

Wait for devs? What devs? I NEVER got a single useful reply for them. Ever. But they were fast with intimidating PM messages, oh yes, they were fast with that.

9. drhu22

drhu22 Registered Member

You guys sound like 5 year olds having a tantrum.

Why dont you shut up and give this thread back to people who want to learn something useful?

This has been going on for hours....days?

Drop it already!

10. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

[SARCASM_ON]Comodo :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: [/SARCASM_ON]

11. [/SARCASM OFF] CIS ver 5 will scare the compeition when it's released! stay tuned guys ;) [/SARCASM OFF]

All jokes aside, Andy has a point. CIS does not work well in Microsoft VM? So what? Use something else or move on and don't waste your life here arguing about it. Microsofts issue.

Arguing here won't resolve the issue at all. Maybe it's good for your own well being and satisfaction purposes, but really, come on guys :)

12. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Lol, Comodo might scare ZenOk. But no one else. They've been promising Comodo's superiority ever since i can remember and it's still just a nice looking but mediocre performing security software.

13. Shaoran

Shaoran Registered Member

14. drhu22

drhu22 Registered Member

That was back in may/early june...
    What are you smoking?!?!

Crack will do that to you i guess...

Im done with this thread you idiots can have it

15. Shaoran

Shaoran Registered Member

So, I 'll try when final will be release.

16. guest

guest Guest

Jajajaj You reported a flaw? jajajaja you dont even know how Comodo works
    You are saying that if a file is found safe by CIMA is consider Trusted by Comodo. YOU are lying
    Many people in comodo forums have tell you that this is not how a file go inside the WHitelist, but your hate against comodo has make you blind.

I have tested many malware not detected by the AV, not detected by CIMA and this malware runs automatically inside the sandbox.

So the problem that you are describing does not exists you have intevented it, how a professional betatester like you (with you reputation and experience discovering bugs in VPC2007) is testing a program that you dont know how it works. THe only possible answer is that you are a troll.

Please if you dont like Comodo dont use it, Comodo does not need betatesters like you, with imaginary problems and bugs in another software.
    You are again making the ridiculous here please stop inventing things.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2010
  17. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Yes, the most important thing is that i was lying. And you had to bold that.
    Learn the **** what's a theory and what is a lie noob.

EDIT:
    So, if you're so damn sure it's running in Sandbox, how does CIS know what has to stay in sandbox and what can be automatically trusted. It's not the whitelist, so how? Magic maybe?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  18. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

I haven't used CIS 5 in awhile but dosen't the user have to select it to run out of the Sandbox? I remember some driver kept going into the Sandbox because it was not in the Whitelist or CIMA did not know what it was. I had to manually take it out of the Sandbox in one of those settings. I can see your point if it tricks CIMA and it gets classified as a trusted file. This would be a bad thing.

Bashing one another is not a good idea. It's funny to read sometimes but overall not good for all the members who want to learn something about a product.

Ice

19. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

database update 5999:D

20. CogitoTesting

CogitoTesting Registered Member

You mean Symantec, Kaspersky, Emsisoft will tremble? :argh: :argh: :argh:.

Thanks.

21. CogitoTesting

CogitoTesting Registered Member

You can never be sure when it comes to CIS, if it is not this it is always that.

Thanks.

22. clocks

clocks Registered Member

You don't need to keep letting us know the signatures update. If you feel the need, you can post it to the Update Alerts forum.

23. DOSawaits

DOSawaits Registered Member

Please RejZor,

Stop arguing with Comodo fanboys, arguing is all they want.
    Comodo will probably release a "final" in a few days with some thousands known bugs/misbehaviours, but they will give their fanboys a new present in about a month with a "new" version 6 beta.

Of course it will just contains the same bugs as v5 has, and it will just contain all the same bugs v4 had.

Comodo doesn't fix things, their goal is drawing attention, and they know they cannot do that with releasing fixes, but just release another so called "brand new" version with a higher first version number. Their goal is to get their software on as many customers/victims' systems as possible, not to fix bugs.

24. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.