CIS V5 public beta

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by kjdemuth, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

Yes comodo is very worry because you are trying to iron out bugs of the outdated VirtualPC 2007. :D

You did not report a bug in Comodo forums (is a bug in Comodo?) just complains, why dont you report and documented the bug in the proper thread?

You are like a little kid, if you are intelligent enough you will now that your question can only be answered by a developer VirtualPC2007 and maybe a dev from Comodo, so why did you ask it in Comodo forums? why you didnt send PM to a developer, or send a mail to microsoft support?

Which secrets keeps comodo? jajajaja

Tomorrow I am going to run CIS 5 on win95 and report some bugs.

2. drhu22

drhu22 Registered Member

Im using CIS 5 beta(no av,d+safe,firewall safemode,sandbox) alongside MSE, geswall, and peerblock (starts with windows)

Is that enough or is there something i should add or tweak?
    I was wondering if i needed real time spyware monitoring such as prevx free
    Any comments?

by the way its running great, no problems so far (fingers crossed)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  3. pabrate

pabrate Registered Member

anim_64.gif

:thumb:

4. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Yes guest, you know it all. Good job and have a cookie. I hope you all see what kind of ppl are supposedly testing CIS. What a joke lol

5. arjunned

arjunned Registered Member

Is the realtime cloud scanner still active even if you dont have the AV component installed?

6. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i am running comodo beta with winpatrol plus and it's all good here;)

7. pabrate

Yes.
    If you have it checked of course (it's in Execution Control)

8. codylucas16

codylucas16 Registered Member

member of mrg complaining about comodo? nowai.

lol

9. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I'm not affiliated with MRG, geez, how many times i have to state this?

10. pabrate

Just forget about Comodo and move to something else, will ya ?
    You're pretty boring.

11. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

HAHA very nice.

12. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Come on guys lets keep it professional. Rejzor has a good point but he also shouldv'e gone throught the proper channels. I've seen enough requests through the beta forum that was never handle via a ticket. I think we need to give rejzor the benefit of the doubt. He is a long time contributer to the forum and has alot of experiance. He might just be having a bad couple of days.

13. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

:D :D :thumb:

14. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

This is not Comodo Forum, it's Wilders. I' m very sad for Rejzor's Comodo beta tester bad experience but for what he is going on to shut it and to flame here ?! This thread is not titled " The bad adventure of Rejzor as Comodo beta tester " :D :thumbd:

15. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Because this is is not their safe place where they can silence anyone they want.

16. arjunned

arjunned Registered Member

Ah. I overlooked that. Thanks. :)
    But for wat its worth, things are smooth here.

17. drhu22

drhu22 Registered Member

I just noticed something...security policy/defense+ rules is treating explorer.exe as installer/updater
    that cant be right can ito_O

Attached Files:

18. CogitoTesting

CogitoTesting Registered Member

Hi guys

I think in all fairness RejZoR is right. The Comodo minions like to be praised, but when you have a valid question with regard to their program they are literally ready to stone you to death; it is almost a cult like forum.

Also RejZoR is well within his prerogative of a beta tester to point out something that is not working well; whether it is in a real or virtual environment. Please guys do not label him as part of MRG or anything. This is exactly the behavior of the Comodo minions, label and slander.

Thanks.

19. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Yes I know. If you actually read the title of this thread, that I started, it says CIS ver 5. He is commenting on a bug that he found while beta testing. If someone would validate his issue I'm sure that would make him feel reassured that he was being taken seriously. If you had an issue while testing, wouldn't you want some answers? Maybe there is something in the code so that VM can't work. It would be nice if a developer came out and said that.

20. guest

guest Guest

Don't worry soon or later you will understand that be a betatester of CIS or any other product does not include test and find bugs in an outdated software like VirtualPC 2007

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2010
  21. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Boo hoo funny man, WinXP is also outdated (just face it, it's even more than you think VPC2007 is), yet millions of users still use it. Wait, should we just stop testing stuff on WinXP because it's outdated? Of course not. You just cought yourself on your very own statement. Fail.

22. guest

guest Guest

Why do you need to write like a kid? :D
    Windows XP is not outdated, it was discontinued in 2009 and there are some places where you can find unoficial fixes for the new bugs :p

Why a betatester of Comodo need to worry about this? Is not the work of a Comodo betatester find bugs in another software, and not a single betatester cares about the flaws, incompatibilities and bug in VirtualPC 2007 because nobody uses it, I can suppose that because nobody said "I have the same problem"

Here is the question, if the Comodo developer team spend hours to find your bug in VPC2007 what is going to change? how this is going to help Comodo?

It have been proved that many AV have problems with VPC2007 (use google) so instead to use a software that shows so many incompatibilities why dont you use another?

If you want to discuss about virtual machines I think you are in the wrong place

23. pabrate

Okay, but why just not saying it once ?
    There is no need to post hundreds of posts on the same subject.

He insists to use Microsoft VM which wasn't updated since 2007 , CIS not working there ?
    He hates other VM's ?
    Well, bad luck for him and case closed.

I can't see a point bashing Comodo over that "issue" in a way he does.

At the end of the day, I don't think that people here are interesting to listen to his moaning why CIS isn't working under MS VM 2007 .

Fine, he reported it, answer from Comodo is that there is nothing Comodo can do about that.
    What else can be his motives to continue this ?

24. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Of course, VirtualPC 2007 released in 2007 is outdated, Windows XP released in 2001 is not. You're so funny. Tell some more.

25. guest

guest Guest

Jeje dont worry I can even use wikipedia to teach you

Win XP https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Windows_XP

So windows XP is not outdated it still have support, updates, security patches... It will be outdated 9 of April 2014 because Microsoft will not release patches for the bugs.

VirtualPC seems to be outdated/not useful to test security software (the latest version is 2009 not 2007, do you know that there is a sp1 for 2007?) and it has been already reported that does not work with Norton, Kasperksy 2011, Online Armor, Comodo... But I realy dont care if VPC is outdated or not, this is not the issue.

But keep trolling, continue acting like a kid and avoid the important question

You didnt reported the bug, so how a developer is going to see it? You started a post criticizing how bad comodo was because Comodo does not work in Virtualpc2007

But of course because Comodo devs dont want to lose their time discovering bugs in another software you said: "Comodo is bad, they keep secrets and the betatesters are kids..."

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.