CIS v4.1 Optimization

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by whitedragon551, Jun 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

I have CIS v4.1 and everything is up to date as far as the software version and the AV database.

After installing this however my boot times went down the drain. It has Def+ enabled with the sandbox and all other security related options. Any ideas on how to maintain a high level of security while minimizing the overhead of this particular suite?

2. guest

guest Guest

The difference in the boot time with and without CIS is 5 seconds in my computer.
    If in your case is much bigger maybe you are having another problem.

You can check what is increasing your boot time with this tool: http://www.soluto.com/

3. whitedragon551

I know 100% its CIS. With Panda and LnS it never happened with CIS it takes as long as 20-30 seconds to get past the manufacturer boot screen.

According to Soluto CIS takes 9 seconds alone and my overall length of bootup is 1:20.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  4. CogitoTesting

CogitoTesting Registered Member

Did you stealth all your ports and consequently block all of your incoming connections. If that is so, then I could understand. Also blocking all incoming connection would also delay your network connection for a few seconds after booting.

My guess is to set the firewall to alert you of incoming connection and block as per case basis. Try it and see if that helps.

Thanks.

5. whitedragon551

Its not during the desktop login. Its during the laptop boot process.

It goes through post and then the manufacturer display page comes up, Asus in my case, and then it hangs there, then the Windows 7 colors do their thing and form the Windows logo and then auto login to the desktop.

I didnt stealth ports.

6. CogitoTesting

CogitoTesting Registered Member

Have you ever installed Comodo Time Machine? If so it could be the culprit. Now beside CTM, what other security software you have on your laptop? What I'm thinking is that some other security software is conflicting with CIS in order to have priority in the booting process. Such conflict could result, like in your case, in slowing down your boot time.

Thanks.

7. whitedragon551

I had Panda, but I disabled it. It was apparently booting according to Soluto so I uninstalled that. I have LnS installed, but disabled and unchecked from bootup. I also have MBAM installed that also doesnt boot up or run in real time. I have Hitman Pro installed that also doesnt boot up and only runs on demand.

I had CTM a LONG time ago for some reviewing on my blog and then it got uninstalled and cleaned out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.