CIS Pro "TrustConnect" - What is it?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by luciddream, Jan 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

It's listed as a feature in CIS Pro. I can't seem to find any documentation about it. Does anybody have any idea what it is?

2. illicit

illicit Registered Member

It is a Privacy Tool/VPN. Aside from a secure connection so your traffic can not be intercepted, it also sets you up with a degree of anonymity while surfing.

3. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

ooo, sounds like a very interesting piece of software, might look into this.

4. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

It does sound interesting, but I have to say I'm a bit skeptical. Can it really replace a VPN service, like say for example Strong VPN? I can't imagine a feature on a software firewall doing the same thing for mere fee of $39.99 for an entire year as opposed to paying $20/mo. for VPN.

If I can be convinced that it does, I'd consider using it.

5. illicit

illicit Registered Member

The TrustConnect service itself, is a little more expensive. I think they just threw it into the suite as another tool. As for a replacement for other VPN services, I think that all depends on what your goal is of that service. If it is total anonymity, with no logging and a solid privacy policy...then I would say NO, it is not a viable option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.