CIS evolution or involution ?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by blacknight, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

I like very much CIS: when SSM was discontinued :( - I was a translator - I chose CIS. But his last versions seem to be an involution rather an evolution: with the " sandbox " it seems to take the actually common trend of the commercial brand: to create a suite that sets and decides user's safety with the lower participation of the user.

KIS was the first in this route, and I didn't use it. I can understand the logic of a commercial House, but I complain that a granular, flexible, customizable HIPS as CIS is/was, is becoming a common user product almost " lance and forget ".

I wish to have some opinion on this. Please, no OT like " I like/don't like CIS, only fanboys love it..." etc etc. ;)

2. guest

guest Guest

HIPS is not user friendly. I think their new aim more powerfull than old think.
    I can understand you but nobady like killed popups. If security is important, new model better than previously model

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2010
  3. codylucas16

codylucas16 Registered Member

Turn the sandbox off and set it to proactive configuration. Switch Defense+ to paranoid mode. Enjoy the popups.

4. burebista

burebista Registered Member

^^ What he said. :D
    I like CIS because you can customize whatever you want. You want it for granny without a single popup? It can be done. You want it for casual user with only some obvious popups? It can be done too. You want it for security freaks with popups at every move? Of course you can done that.

5. blacknight

Ya, until now. But read the post n. 218 https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=1733604#post1733604 of lordaidren.

6. blacknight

Always done. :cool: Popups are " enjoying " if you're funny paranoid about security, and if it is, as for many Wilders users is, a second hobby. :D

7. guest

guest Guest

Well this just was my personal opinion but they are continuosly improving D+

See this: http://forums.comodo.com/beta-corne...ate-samples-t60601.0.html;msg426472#msg426472

But you can do this
    And have tons of poups, also you can add more registry protected entries, protected files, folders and COM interfaces...

But like I said IMO the sandbox is much more powerfull than D+

Also you have to take into account that D+ is only of the few HIPS that is still being developed, it have been developed for many years (I would say more than any other HIPS with an active development nowadays) so it's already quite complete. Nowadays I think that only OSSS have an active development, seems to be more configurable but I think that you can have the same protection with D+

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.