CHX-I v.3.0 - any news?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by halcyon, Jun 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halcyon

halcyon Registered Member

Some time ago a representative from Idrci told here that v.3.0 of their packet filter was coming along nicely and could be out in a few weeks.

Well, it's not out, but I'm still interested.

Does anybody know what the plans are?

Has CHX-I packet filter 3.0 as a separate product been axed?

Or is it coming later on (when)?

Any news on new features?

Thanks!

2. Jazzie1

Jazzie1 Registered Member

Hi halcyon! As far as I know, CHX-I 3-0 is still in the beta stage. If you would like to try it out, I am sure Stefan would be more than happy to help you out on that: support@idrci.net

I haven't heard from Stefan in a while, so I can't tell you when it is due for release. Has some new features, such as ARP and MAC control, plus other enhancements...

Regards,
    Jazzie

3. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I believe it is still in beta now, as Jazzie mentions. I also heard that there may be a possible addition of something like an IPS, which would certainly be very interesting.. The beta 3 is very nice and so far bug free.. Perhaps Stefan will comment if he sees this thread...

4. Stefan_R

Stefan_R Registered Member

You are correct (except for the bug free part.... ;) ). CHX is still in beta until we reach a 2.x quality with the new drivers.
    Until then - those who are interested in having a run at the beta can send an email to support.

Best Regards,

Stefan.

5. Arup

Arup Guest

Will be waiting for it, currently using CHX 2 and am quite happy with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.