Chromium Security Question

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by SourMilk, Mar 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SourMilk

SourMilk Registered Member

I know that Chromium based browsers handle tabs in separate processes that sandboxes them from other processes. I was wondering what Chromium browsers do about Iframe exploits, cross referrer, Java bombs and redirect exploits? Anyone know about these?

SourMilk out

2. Joeythedude

Joeythedude Registered Member

Whats a java bomb ?

3. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Here is a good article explaining the sandboxing features of Chrome:

http://blog.chromium.org/2008/10/new-approach-to-browser-security-google.html

4. SourMilk

Thanks Victek123 for the link. Chromium does a lot more than what I thought at first. It seems to be a breakthrough for browser security in its ability to lower access rights and remove privileges. Great read. Thanks again.

SourMilk out

5. SourMilk

Sorry for the "bomb" nomenclature. I meant Java exploits (not explosions - lol). Sun keeps trying to patch holes in Java for Java based programs (reminds me of ActiveX) and constantly patches Java when new ones become exploited. Using past exploits, Java could hide and transfer trojans, worms, and who knows what else. Most antiviruses can pick up on these because of signatures of past infections but there are new Java "bombs" being prepared as I write :mad: .

SourMilk out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.