Chrome Shockwave Flash Plug-in crashes with Sandboxie

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Osaban, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Basically the title says it all. It's been like that since yesterday, I have re-installed Chrome, updated flash, it only happens when Chrome is opened with Sandboxie. Any suggestions? Thanks

Attached Files:

2. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

SBIE 3.65.02 beta (now at .04) fix's some problems with Chrome plug-ins. Have you tried that?

Cheers

Edit: Apologies I see Tzuk has already suggested trying this plus renaming new_chrome.exe to chrome.exe on his forum

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2012
  3. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Thanks, I was going to check those suggestions today when everything went back to normal without touching anything, go figure! I'll try the beta version if the problem occurs again.

4. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I'm glad I am not the only one this happens to, Shockwave Flash sometimes crashes on youtube or www.rollingstone.com/ or other websites that have videos.

5. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Timely topic i think. Same happening here.

This now confirms my opinion that it's definitely "not" a Sandboxie exclusive problem alone. (No Sandboxie Installed here)

Since installing the latest Chrome myself a few weeks ago, not just viewing YouTube for specific vids, but it routinely crashes on me unexpectedly just as described above sometimes simply by crossing onto a page with a FlashVideo embedded.

I suspect it's likely a Chrome specific issue or/and Flashplayer/Plugin conflict. Further, i normally find it happens on me when i have several Tabs/Pages open simultaneously as is normal practice in net browsing

6. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

You are right it is not only a Sandboxie issue

This should be fixed now with the latest Chrome updates (version 17.0.963.79 m)

7. Atul88

Atul88 Registered Member

Sandboxie : :thumb: :thumb:
    Browser+Sandboxie : o_O :mad: :'( :thumbd:

8. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Update is fairly new, but has anyone who experienced that Chrome prob recently have it crash anymore?

I only experienced 2 of those same crashes tonite and unlike before this recent update, with multiple open net windows (all active) = 9 the crashes this time were limited to only 2 tabs and quickly recovered where before the entire tab tree went down and then struggled to recover.

So far so good. Chrome :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.