Chrome & location tracking

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by Novastar 3d, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Novastar 3d

Novastar 3d Registered Member

Excuse me, but why the **** does ones exact location show up when browsing a site like yahoo and you see this on yahoo's weather graph. Tracking isn't on so then what is it? This is the beta of google chrome 64 btw.

2. Nebulus

Nebulus Registered Member

Because sometimes your IP can be traced to your exact location.

3. Novastar 3d

Well yeah. But this has something to do with dns. The thing is that using the default ISP dns settings, Your location shows as the city where your ISP co is; which might be a lot further in your state from your actual city. After switching to open dns and trying open dns & the family one, it then shows your exact city.

4. guest

guest Guest

It doesn't matter which DNS address you use anyway. When people know your real public IP, everyone can tell where do you come from.

5. Novastar 3d

Yeah Graf, I'm not that stupid. Point being missed. I didn't check things thoroughly before first post. Just not sure how dns prefetch script of whatever kind of script that is gives exact location instead of what ISP dns showed beforehand.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.