Chrome goes Gaga

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by vasa1, May 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Google Recruits Lady Gaga In Browser Battle

2. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Well, today will be exactly a year since I first downloaded Chrome onto my notebook. I'd been using Iron for a year or so before so it was not really new to me. I waited because I originally didn't want to become part of the Google borg. When they changed their policy I decided it would be OK.

I dunno about Lady Gaga ... maybe she's a fembot? ;)

3. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I've never once seen a commercial from them, and I'd rather choke on a cactus than have to hear another word about or see Lady BlahBlahs' face. The woman's in the wrong business, and all the comments about her seem to confirm that. She gets far more attention for her theatrics than her music, and she usually copies off someone else for both....Anyway, yeah, haven't seen it, I'm not using Chrome.

4. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

You Wagner fans. No pleasing you ;)

5. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

He had more talent in his eyebrow than 90% of the entire music industry today :D

6. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Lol Lady Gaga helping Google advertise for Chrome? Wow just wow.

7. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Coming soon ... Justin Bieber ... to a browser near you.

8. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Good Lord no. :argh:

9. Daveski17

Surely not this Wagner? LOL ;)

10. Daveski17

I'm pretty sure Justin Bieber's not a fembot, but he may be the world's first bratbot.

11. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

There are things in this world that, once seen, cannot be unseen, things heard, that can never be unheard...and you just assaulted me with both. I have choice words for you, sir, and none are able to pass the mods :D

12. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Would you please stop giving them ideas? They may read this forum for heavens sake! Gosh, if you give me a choice of torture involving Beiber or Gaga, I seriously don't think I could handle choosing. I'd be too involved with being in a fetal position in a dark corner, trembling with terror and sobbing profusely. And that's just by showing their CDs to me.

13. J_L

J_L Registered Member

That only appeals naive young females. I think Gaga would do a far better job (being so bizarre and popular).

14. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

But if they (Google) could pay him to even pose next to a Chromebook, they (the young females) would queue round the block on the day the gadget goes on sale.

15. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I'm not a fan of eithers music, but if you separate the career from the person then I would take Beiber any day over Gaga. Gaga is just too weird / annoying for me! And no, i don't know Gaga. I'm just going by the strange sh#% she says. I don't care who indorses what browser because i'm more computer literate than either one of them probably will ever be.

16. abu shofwan

abu shofwan Registered Member

+1 :thumb: she looks like baby boy :)

17. J_L

J_L Registered Member

First time I've seen a baby boy with such a large chest and waist.

Now that I think about it, Bieber looks like a baby girl.

Chrome itself beats both anyways.

18. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

What I don't get is why Google would buy TV advertising for a free product. For that matter, how does Google get so much cash when all their stuff's free??

Chrome might the trend for this week, but I don't understand why people can't see Google is going down the very same road Microsoft did and will eventually require users of the Chrome operating system to have Chrome installed, or on the flipside, the Chrome OS will be required if people want Chrome. People will be griping then just like they do now about Internet Explorer and Windows.

I hope Mozilla doesn't choose this same path, but it seems already they're jumping on the Chrome bandwagon and it wouldn't surprise me to see Firefox disappear in the not-so-distant future just as Navigator did not long ago.

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  19. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Advertisement is their main source of revenue.

That will make Google lose users, not good for advertising. It doesn't make sense to restrict Chrome like that after working so hard to earn more market share.

What do you mean by that? Mozilla doesn't have an OS. If you're talking about rapid development, I think it's a good thing, and will attract more attention.

20. Daveski17

I can honestly see your point, but I can't ever see Chrome as a browser or an OS being that bad!

21. Daveski17

Ermmm, sorry about that. You may have to gouge out your mind's eye at some point now.

To make it up to you, have a listen to Lohengrin: Prelude to Act I

22. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

What I'm talking about as far as Mozilla is I hope they don't decide to go trendy. But it already seems they've decided to follow Chrome into trendy land and it wouldn't surprise me to see them jump into bed together before long.

Google must get paid by Microsoft for Google Desktop. That's another source of income I hadn't thought about.

23. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I have a newsflash for you, all *popular* browsers copy off of each other. Google made it popular to go "bare" as it were, Firefox and MS followed suit. Now everybody is about hardware acceleration, which, frankly, isn't turning out to be such a big deal. Frankly I think, regarding standards and features, browsers are years ahead of the web. Most of it is fairly useless right now.

Anyway, Mozilla and Google aren't exactly enemies, like say Google and Microsoft. But jump into bed, not quite. After seeing this post, I asked around and not one friend or co-worker of mine has seen hide nor hair of this Google/Gaga commercial. Maybe it's a regional thing, I have no idea. However, I'd caution them to look back at other endorsements Gaga has signed on for...they didn't go too well. Besides, she can't help herself, she's likely promoting herself more than the product.

I can just see this thing, Gaga turning it into some theater production. She can't open her mouth without having a prop set and another unoriginal outfit ready to go.

24. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

25. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.