Chrome Error Message with 4.06 and Win 8.1

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by silver0066, Oct 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

Just upgraded to Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit. When I close Chrome latest version, I get the following error message:

SBIE2205 Service not implemented: NtCreateProcessEx (8024)

I close this and I have to press another button to close Chrome.

Any suggestions?

2. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

3. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Chrome + Sandboxie = Redundant. Better use separately, especially on clean systems without need to restrict Chrome itself.

4. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

I reported it to Sandboxie forums.

5. Jarmo P

Jarmo P Registered Member

I would not say that. It should be reminded that Sandboxie is also a HIPS/restricted firewall for the programs running inside a sandbox. As an example I just updated Java. (You can disable Java from Chrome plugins if you want.)

To test the version http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp ,
    sandboxed Chrome needed to allow jp2launcher.exe and java.exe to Run and Internet Access to java.exe to have that test application running.

As always a HIPS is a bother to use, but if you want be safer thats the way to go. Now Chrome might have sandboxed that java application too, but a hips it does not have.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  6. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Which is what I mean by "restrict Chrome itself" (could be better worded).

Personally, I would've find other means like not installing the program or disabling it. I just don't use Sandboxie that way much the same I don't use a classical HIPS.

Chrome actually does restrict itself and extensions + built-in plugins, but you don't have control over it like Sandboxie. It all depends on your needs, but compatibility (especially with better layered anti-exploit programs) and speed (less overhead like 5 second countdown) is more important to me.

Enough of the alternative I started (except on necessary replies), back to the error itself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.