Chrome and Firefox

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Plugoo, Jul 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plugoo

Plugoo Registered Member

It came to my attention that if you’re using explorer than in Google page Chrome advertisement appears. But if you’re using Firefox, no advertisement. Is Google supporting Firefox and open source? If so, why have they developed Google Chrome?

2. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

Google gives $50,000,000+ per year to Mozilla to set google as Firefox's start homepage and put them in their search bar. Mozilla might be considered Google's puppet as a way to damage Microsoft. They developed their own browser for many reasons, one of which is certainly to increasingly disenfranchise Microsoft's Search and Browser domination, which has an obviously large financial benefit.

3. 1boss1

1boss1 Registered Member

The agreement between Firefox and Google runs until the end of 2011, what happens after that is anyone's guess. I believe Google will end it (or seriously reduce funding) as Chrome, ChromeOS, Wave etc will be bundled and gaining share.

Don't worry Microsoft are doing this also, i built a Chrome site (ChromePlugins.org) and Microsoft targeted it heavily with IE ads for Chrome users with claims of IE8 being more secure, faster etc in a plea to "come back".

That's marketing i guess. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.