Chrome 9 sandboxing

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by emmjay, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emmjay

emmjay Registered Member

I have only been using SBIE for a short period of time, so I am definitely a newbie when it comes to understanding the complexities of compatibility. I am also new to Chrome.

I have read on this site that Chrome 9 may have some sand-boxing capability. Will this interfere with Sandboxie? As a novice, I am tempted to take Chrome off the protected browser list when the upgrade is ready for download, then browse with FF until I see some feedback from the SBIE experienced users on this site. My usual way of dealing with stuff I know very little about (delay, research, then plunge right on in).

What is the best Chrome Forum to check out? I already check out SBIE every now and again.

2. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

No problem running Chrome in Sandboxie at all. While some may argue it isn't necessary, I find it very convenient and the overhead, if any, is imperceptible.

There was a problem when Flash was sandboxed but I posted in the Sandboxie forum and the problem has been fixed in 3.51.9 beta. I think Tzur is all set to release the stable in a few days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.