Christmas Gift From Agnitum!!

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by hayc59, Dec 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

Merry Christmas From Agnitum
    Special Offer – Save 25%
    Fact: Virtual criminals like hackers are especially active on holidays, flooding the Net with Denial-of-Service attacks, mass-mailing worms, Trojan horse injections and malicious Web-based scripts.

"software" part snipped. We don't want this post look like spam ;)

MoreInfo--->
    http://www.agnitum.com/christmas.html#

2. halp

halp Guest

~snipped~ halp...lets try and keep to constructive comments and criticisms. CrazyM

3. DavidH

DavidH Registered Member

Hello,

I had noticed that hayc59's message was clipped and also took note of the reason. I am sure that his intent was not to spam, but I can understand how the post would be seen that way considering that he is a forum leader for Outpost and probably one of the most proactive members when it comes to getting the word out about news at Agnitum. :)

Anyway, I have given this some thought and want to know if my conclusions about posts concerning other products are accurate.

1. Posts concerning special discounts or sales on a product should probably not be posted. Or if they are posted, it should just be a short statement in the posting author's own words, not a "word for word" copy of the software author's sale notice.

2. Posts concerning product upgrades and the associated changes and improvements are acceptable.

Is that accurate. I just want to be sure. I rarely and most often never post upgrade or sales information about Agnitum products on other forums, but some of our user's do engage in this practice. And, I want to ensure that they do it correctly and do not violate the policies of other boards.

Thanks for any feedback that you can provide.

Happy Holidays. :)

4. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

David,

No way we are questioning hayc59's integrity - be assured of that. I do believe his post has had not intention to be spam ;)

AS for your questions:

1): correct.

2): correct - although in principal we do have our "updates" forum for such announcements.

regards.

paul

5. DavidH

DavidH Registered Member

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the feedback.

I didn't figure that hayc59's post was a problem. And, I do appreciate your comments concerning this.

Thanks very much for the clarification on posts concerning sales vs. upgrades of computer security products like Outpost. That should be helpful when posting future information about Outpost developments and also may be helpful for other users wanting to make similar posts about other products. Perhaps it is time to slightly modify the TOS. ;)

Have a nice day Paul. :)

6. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Hi David,

My pleasure. In addition: in case someone feels the need to discuss the impact from a posted update, a new thread in a dedicated forum (for example "Other Firewalls" in case of an OutPost program update) can be started, referring to the update thread/post ;)

We'll take your suggestion in regard to the TOS into consideration.

Enjoy your day as well!

regards.

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.