China is staging a nationwide attack on iCloud and Microsoft accounts

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by BoerenkoolMetWorst, Oct 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/20/7013409/china-is-staging-a-nationwide-attack-on-icloud

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Removed Off Topic Posts per Policy. Focus On the Topic's Security Aspect, and Not On Political Discussions. Thank You!

3. Countryboy15

Countryboy15 Registered Member

~ Removed OT Remarks ~ I am sure users will find a way around this blatant abuse as they always have with that "Wall", but it is still a very sad thing. Apple and Microsoft need to step up more with their security to try and avoid things like that. They cannot do much about China censoring the web, but this is not censorship, it is cyber crime.

4. pajenn

pajenn Registered Member

getting around the Great Firewall of China is not too difficult (at least for now) - it's just very inconvenient that nothing foreigners in China use (google, youtube, dropbox, etc.) works properly unless you power up your VPN, and of course it's bad for business. harder and harder for foreign companies and Chinese tech companies that sell to foreign markets to operate. not sure how this will go, but the current leadership in China may well choose a more isolationist path in the near future; more control at the cost of economic growth and technological innovation.

5. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I find the title misleading. I realize it came from the article it links to but it implies iCloud and Microsoft accounts are being attacked, when it sounds like people on the inside of this firewall are are being hijacked to fake sites. 1 is a security concern for me, the other is not. Misfortunate for those affected, but not much I can do about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.