China Hacking Military Computers?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by mercurie, Aug 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Fellow Creatures,
    MSN story - news report. My attention has been on that hugh storm in the Gulf.

Then I note the that China Hackers possible association with military are hacking and have been for a long time USA military computers. The story says perhaps since as long as 2000.

This may not be new news. But the intensity of the hacking has security officials worried. T.V. news is fleeting and does not allow for careful reading. :(

Thought I would put this out for discussion. As this is of high interest to me and I am sure some others here.

Comments? And any news links.

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

The major world powers are all hacking each other, their enemies, and their friends.

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

An internet war is better than a real war. It's a war without killing people and without destruction.
    This thread is a bit too political for me.

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

We don't want it to get anymore political than it is now. It is frowned on here, just a word to the wise

bigc

5. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hay leave my 1's & 0's alone! Do french 1's & 0's automatically surrender, to the Recycle Bin? Do Bush's 1's & 0's make war on other 1's & 0's.

rico

6. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

I have a sneakin suspicion where this thread is going to end up.... ;)

snowbound

7. mercurie

True enough BigC. I knew I was close to the line when I did it. EricAlbert is taking it in the direction I do not wish to go. I think I may have been a little reactionary to the news story. I will start looking for some news links now as I did not have time earlier today after I heard of it. So far I see none here. In order to stick to TSO please stay on the Computer security aspect. Many security companies brag on how they got government contract to protect their systems. So Home User why would not you? I would also like to discuss if it is possible without getting political how outside Computer whizs do "friendly attacks" and then go to the authorities and say you have a problem. Sometimes the authorites say well you should not have done that, but give us a hand. Good work? o_O Then "friendly hacker" gets super watched to make sure they are not working for the "bad guys". Other times they get prosecuted flat out. :eek: o_O This I would think would be the wrong approach for those who come clean and have done no harm to the "king". "Hey government you have a problem let me show you." Would not this be the love of country thing to do no matter where you are from. China citizen to China authorities or USA citizen to USA authorities. Just pick your home country and plug in the words above.

Hope this helps. Mods. by all means if this gets out of hand close it. I will not be :mad: . I have thick feathers. I know I am close to the line, but feel it is a valid topic here as it deals with security of the most sensitive nature with very serious conseqences. On the lighter side if nothing every happens bad due to it which no one can predict. It is just a plain long :cool:topic of interest. I hope others feel the same way and can discuss without violation of TSO.

Thanks all.

8. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

The main danger posed by Chinese access to the Internet seems to be all those p*nis pill sites hosted by China Telecom/China National Railway :( - and most of those are actually run by US-based spammers...

9. mercurie

Last edited: Aug 28, 2005
  10. lawmaker

lawmaker Registered Member

USA Hacking Military Computers also

USA Hackers possible association with military are hacking and have been for a long time China military computers,also.

11. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Since this thread has no where else to go but downhill I will close it so it does not get anymore political and possibly off topic

bigc

info on posting political content here

Last edited: Aug 28, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.