ChicaPC-Shield - MBAM for Ladies...

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by majoMo, Dec 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

ChicaPC-Shield PRO

If you are interested to offer a woman-MBAM PRO, to your girlfriend/wife/mistress(es)/mom, in this Christmas season, it seems you have a chance now ...

Giveaway today.

Info

ChicaLogic® 'About Us'

ichito, Member Wilders Forums, posted about this MBAM for ladies here.

2. If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck . . . Would someone be so kind to inform RubbeR DuckY that the Chica license works on MBAM Pro as well.

With these PUP warnings (forced by GPO in policies), I always picture a bunch of MBAM programmers having fun on April's fools day and randomly throwing in a few Ministry of silly talks warnings.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2013
  3. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

Downloaded. Its a zip file. Extracted. Inside was a readme file. Copied the id & key & pasted into free MBAM & it worked.

Readme file mention no future program upgrade. Lets wait & see if MBAM gets program upgrade?

I guess it autoupdates but dont know the frequency? Does disable/remove schedule updates affects autoupdates?

MBAM for Android is primary antimalware or like PC its complementary antimalware?

4. woomera

woomera Registered Member

rofl WTF...

5. Joxx

Joxx Registered Member

If you right click the .exe and Properties/Details/Language you'll find Chinese (Simplified, PRC)

6. conceptualclarity

conceptualclarity Registered Member

It is a rebranding of Malwarebytes Pro. Is that worth grabbing in a free giveaway?

7. khanyash

I installed Chica & MBAM on the same system at the same time & used the same id & key in both & both successfully activated.

More tools tab is not there in Chica.

Chica seems little heavy than MBAM.

8. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

It has always surprised me that a Malwarebytes allowed a company like ChicaLogic to rebrand their product.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware really is an excellent product with excellent detection rates and virtually zero false positives. However I really can say nothing good about ChicaLogic, a company who rely on false claims to sell their products. Although they deny it, they are owned by SPAMfighter who surprisingly despite making an excellent anti spam program which you can get for free are a shady company who also believe in using false advertising to sell their products.

9. roger_m

I'd stick with the original rather than th rebranded version put out by a rouge company.

10. khanyash

Use the id & key with MBAM & you get MBAM Pro.

11. 1PW

1PW Registered Member

ChicaLogic's ChicaPC-Shield has been a product of a legitimate Malwarebytes partnership since March of 2011.

Please see Marcin's post:

-https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=78653#entry403456-

HTH :)

12. Inside Out

Inside Out Registered Member

Still silly. :rolleyes:

13. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

They have always ignored info about illegitimate keys. There was a list of probably several hundred keys on one site being given away and never a peep out of the folks at MBAM. They won't even respond to emails about such stockpile giveaways of illegit keys. Apparently the illegitimate keys remain working even after MBAM does their search for pirated keys at every update. The key issue has been going on for a while but seems to remain ignored. So much for security...

14. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Thanks for the free license! Now I have one more security program running in the background. No it's not necessary, just within my interest. Yes my system is still running properly even after trying out test files.

15. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

ChicaPC-Shield is great.

It works similar to MBAM, but has more emotional ups and downs and is a little less logical. Additionally, it needs to be spanked occasionally for optimal performance.

-ftp

16. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Sweet thanks :D now my protection has been improved even more!

17. SweX

SweX Registered Member

There must be better things we can give to a lady than this.
    And I am sure that the ladies like the original MBAM Pro too ;)

18. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

OK for some reason real time on MBAM isn't working. I put the key in and have real time enabled, got some malware in sandboxie and nothing.

19. MBAM URL-filter seems to include latest indeed from several sources. File system seems to put in binary hex values for very recent, add/adjust fingerprints afterwards. Not a silver bullet, but then again what blacklist solution is? Pretty impressive one hour update for missed fresh samples with this combination of muscle and brain work.

MSE scans my IE-downloads. Tested with 12 fresh samples. MSE missed 8. MBAM recognised 7 of these right away and caught the remainder after next data base update. The scan recognized intrusion in registry before data base update as a PUP. After data base update it also found two file remnants belonging to this fresh sample. It also classified malware sample correctly after db-update (Trojan not PUP).

20. mick92z

mick92z Registered Member

Yeah, and once a month, you get BSOD :D

21. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

22. drhu22

drhu22 Registered Member

Works for me with mbam free to pro... thanks op, very cool!

23. roger_m

Well, I registered MBAM and am now running the Pro version. I have protection disabled for now, but may enable it at some point, but will never use the website blocking option.

I really like the flash scans which take well under a minute to complete.

However, after registering it for free, I decided to actually buy a pro license. I have had intentions on doing so for a long time because it really is an excellent product and well worth supporting.

24. Joxx

Joxx Registered Member

I used the key to activate the free version I had already.
    So far I find MBAM real time to be impressively light, no difference in browsing the system or the web.
    I had just reinstalled the OS from scratch so I had no AV, maybe I'll keep it so, SBIE and MBAM.

25. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Try -{J_L I had some other messages concerned about all the links in that site. So, to be fair I have removed it. The program J_L pointed to was called 'Spycar'. You now can search for it at your own pleasure. - TAS}

To test website blocking: https://helpdesk.malwarebytes.org/e...fy-that-Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware-is-working-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.