Checking my Security.

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Painkiller, Apr 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Painkiller

Painkiller Registered Member

I'm working with Process guard and also Prevx ... can somebody direct me to some tools that does Dll injection or Trojan injection ... i wanna check my security level.

10x

Painkiller

2. nameless

nameless Registered Member

3. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

4. nameless

OK, some people need a little extra help.

If you want to test DLL injection, try some of the leak testers found on the Firewall Leak Tester site. In particular, check out FireHole, pcAudit, pcAudit 2, AWFT, Thermite, and Copycat.

You can also easily search for, and download, real trojans. I won't post any such links here, and of course I can't responsibly advise actually doing this. If you really want to, at least back up everything beforehand (i.e. create an image), disconnect from the internet first, and then restore everything afterward. Don't mess with real troans, though--it's really quite stupid.

5. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

But sometimes the truest test of your security. Although I do recommend as well not to use real trojans if you are not comfortable doing so as nameless said.

Thanks,

Chris

6. nameless

I figured that since Painkiller needed to ask what to do, (s)he wouldn't be up for testing with live trojans. (No offense; I don't mess with them either, except maybe with Virtual PC.)

7. Painkiller

Painkiller Registered Member

I'm a guy, and i will use real trojan NP

Thanks Guys

Painkiller

8. Beefcarver

Beefcarver Registered Member

The best test would be Leave it alone before you break it. or If its not broke dont fix it. Good Luck........ Whoever said that was really smart.

9. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

I think he is trying to see if it actually works. After he figures out it works then your quote would be correct :) Please don't take this as rude it is not intended that way. Just saying he is trying to figure out how good his security is working.

Thanks,

Chris

10. Beefcarver

Beefcarver Registered Member

another good one is Audit My Pc. do a search with that and youll find it.

11. checkm8

checkm8 Guest

There really should be more of these different security tests and safe ways to test your security. You shouldn't have to download real trojans or other malware to do the tests. But if you do you may get more than you bargained for. Remember some trojans can erase your entire hard drive, or install other malware like rootkits. Make sure you really really know what your doing before you get involved in any of this type of testing. The best advice would be as Beefcarver said....if it aint broke, don't fix it.

12. nameless

How does "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" apply here? The whole point is to see if it is "broke".

13. vikorr

vikorr Guest

there are 'virtual PC' programs out there, where you can set up a PC within a PC to test such security programs

14. nameless

And one of the most-affordable ones is--not surprisingly--called Virtual PC. But using one is testing the virtual PC environment, not your real, working environment.

15. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Make sure you have a good image copy of your disk.

Rich

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.