Check it out <-- noob ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by fatray, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fatray

fatray Registered Member

OK I just bought ATIH. Got all sort of (EXPECTED) errors when trying to back up entire hard drive within Windows. I used the boot Acronis when starting PC to back up my drive and got errors when I used compression.o_O Back up works great without compression. No errors when checking backup. Back up took 25 minutes not 3 hours like TI said it would.
    Now I want to test it. I want to wipe my main drive clean (2x WD Raptors RAID 0), boot from CD and do a total restore from the backup. Am I good to go before I try this? If not I want my money back ASAP.

2. dld

dld Registered Member

Getting errors of any kind should not have happened. Can you tell us what errors you got?

Again, what are the errors you are getting?

With a validated image of your complete drive including the MBR, you would have no need to wipe your main drive clean. ATI will do that automatically in the restore. But I still believe you should not proceed with a restoration until you can clear up this error business.

3. fatray

fatray Registered Member

Code:
    	<event code="506" id="15" message="Locking partition C:..." module="1" time="1155578158" type="2" />
    	<event code="504" id="16" message="Pending operation 3 started: &quot;Verifying backup archive&quot;" module="1" time="1155580419" type="2" />
    	<event code="32" id="17" message="
    The archive is corrupted: None" module="7" time="1155580434" type="4" />
    	<event code="32" id="18" message="
    The archive is corrupted: None: User replied: oK" module="7" time="1155583015" type="2" />
    	<event code="502" id="19" message="Operation with partition &quot;0-0&quot; was terminated.
    Details:
    &lt;indent>Image corrupted (0x70020)
        Tag = 0x0&lt;/indent>" module="1" time="1155583015" type="4" />
    	<event code="5" id="20" message="Operation has completed with errors." module="100" time="1155583015" type="4" />
    Code:
    module="100" time="1155657895" type="2" />
    	<event code="503" id="2" message="Analyzing partition 0-0..." module="1" time="1155657896" type="2" />
    	<event code="503" id="3" message="Analyzing partition D:..." module="1" time="1155657896" type="2" />
    	<event code="503" id="4" message="Analyzing partition 1-5..." module="1" time="1155657897" type="2" />
    	<event code="5" id="5" message="Operation has completed with errors." module="100" time="1155657915" type="4" />
    I removed some of the stuff in the log, settings and serial stuff. I checked my backup twice, the uncompressed backup. Within the the Acronis boot up and within windows. Said it's good. I would assume I got the previous errors because it's a RAID setup?
    All my errors were when I verified the backup. Never got an error during the backup.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2006
  4. _Kento_

_Kento_ Registered Member

Hello fatray,

If you purchased on-line you most probably have the latest version of ATI9.0 Home, the latest is 3677 for now. You can check it in Help->About menu. You can get the latest build here. Register your serial number first.

As long as you received
    both in Windows and from boot CD try to check your disk for errors using "chkdsk /r" for example. Also where did you store the image?

I would wait with total restoration until you fix this issue, just in case.

_Kento_

5. dld

dld Registered Member

I'm not familiar with the errors arising from imaging raid arrays, but I know there are problems. You should search this forum on this. In any case, the only safe way to test an image is to restore to a spare drive, remove your Master and try this spare drive as Master. I find TI to be rock solid in restoring when it's working right. But if the image is screwed up, you're in a heap of trouble.

6. fatray

fatray Registered Member

Ok will do, thanks.

7. fatray

fatray Registered Member

Yes I just downloaded it, purchased on Newegg. I expect errors when trying to back up a drive that's in use. I know there are many files it will not copy when windows is using them. I backed it up to a partition I made using Acronis partition tool and made an Acronis Secure Zone the same size as the drive I copied.
    I think it should work, there were no errors and I checked it twice after backing up without compression.

8. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello fatray,

If everything is working correctly, there is no reason why you should get errors other than the normal error codes in the TI log (these aren't really errors codes in the true sense - more like event codes).

True Image's special snap-shot technology enables it to copy everything on your hard drive/partition(s), even whilst running under Windows. This <Acronis Technical article> provides the details.

Regards

Last edited: Aug 16, 2006
  9. fatray

fatray Registered Member

Just to let you know if I didn't make it clear. I only get errors when I verify the compressed copy. It says copy corrupt, after about 5 seconds of checking.

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello fatray,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please note that expanded Acronis Drive Snapshot technology provides you with the ability to backup system files and open files with no issues. You can also continue to use your computer during backup.

As for the issue you have experienced, please collect the full log file from Acronis True Image 9.0 Home that contains the error message. In order to do so please do the following:

- run the program;

- select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;

- select the log with error messages;

- click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon)

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

11. fatray

fatray Registered Member

OK

I just installed a new motherboard, (because I wanted too). I was able to restore all My Documents and other non operating system related stuff perfectly.
    Now back to the issue.

Did just what I did before runing backup into the Acronis secure drive and verified the backup. It all went perfect this time no errors at all, and inside Windows to boot while I was surfing the web.

All is good:D But I do wonder why I had all the problems beforeo_O

12. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello fatray,

We are sorry for the delayed response.

I'm glad to hear that your issue has been solved and now you can successfully use Acronis True Image 9.0 Home.

Please note that since you nave no issues now with Acronis True Image we can not investigate it. Should you experience any issues with Acronis True Image 9.0 Home in the future, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.