Check Image problems

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Ed Y, Dec 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed Y

Ed Y Registered Member

Win XP Home SP2 on a Dell 4300 (3 yrs old) and am using a TEAC external 80GB HD (USB 2.0) to create both full and inc images. TI 8.0 with the build previous to 786 worked most of the time although I did now and then have to delete images and recreate them because they wouldn't "check" ok.

Now with build 786, I can create a full image to the external HD just fine. Just can't get it "verify" OK using "check image". I've tried both within Windows and also using the Build 786 boot disk and it fails every time.

I can use "explore image" on the full backup and see everything just fine.

I guess I just about give up. I've been reluctant to go back to previous build but maybe I have to.

No one else is having these problemso_Oo_O

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Ed Y,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Please try to copy the image file to your internal hard disk and verify it then. Have you tried to restore the image? If you have did any errors appear?

Thank you.

--
    Ilya Toytman

3. Ed Y

Ed Y Registered Member

I copied the image to my internal HD. TI "check image" failed on it too. I have restored some files from the image with no problems but I am NOT going to try a full image restore and take a chance on messing up my system.

I did run TI again and created the image on my internal HD. Then ran "check image" and it verified OK. I then copied the image from my internal HD to the external HD, ran "check image" again and it verified OK. This behavior has me at a loss as to what the problem is. I'm not a hardware expert by any means so really don't know where to look from here.

Any suggestions by anyone??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.