Check Image allows corrupted

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gm3317, Mar 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gm3317

gm3317 Guest

I purchased TI 8 in January and was able to successfully create an image of a Maxtor 40gb HD which had XP with SP1. I just purchased a new Seagate 120gb drive and installed XP SP1 and updated with SP2 and all Windows updates. I then installed TI so I would have a clean system image. I created the image without any problem, but when I "Check Image" I always get the error messge "The image archive is corrupted". I have re-formatted the drive a couple more times and installed XP again. I have the latest TI 8 build 800 and even tried build 786. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Sorex

Sorex Guest

did you ran the verify straight after creating the image?
    I mean, without booting WinXP again.

If you create the image with the bootCD, boot XP, reboot with the CD and then verify it's quite normal I guess that the verify fails, the page file and event log files changes when it's needed so that's probably the cause of the verify failure?

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Sorex,

TI doesn't check the data in the image against the files resident on the source drive at the time of verification.

In simple terms, as TI creates an image it calculates checkums and stores these in the image along with the data from the in-use sectors. During a "Check Image" or "Restore" TI uses these saved checksums to verify the data being read from the image.

Hello gm3317,

First of all reboot your computer into Windows "Safe" mode (press F8 during boot), create another image and then verify it. If that doesn't work then make sure your system isn't overclocked and that you're not using aggressive memory timings. In fact it would be worth checking your memory by running <Memtest86+> for a few hours.

Regards to you both

4. gm3317

gm3317 Guest

Thanks for the replies to my query. I'm pretty sure I know what the problem was. The TI8 build 800 I downloaded from the online retailer or the install must have been corrupted in some way. I downloaded from the Acronis site this time and re-installed and have not had any problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.