ChatStop - Go or Stop ?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by StevieO, Jul 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StevieO

StevieO Guest

What has happened to the ChatStop program that Capp previewed on here a little while back.

I had a look on the website but it seems to have dissapeared. I remember him saying he had finally been able to make it all work, including MSN etc.

It seemed like a much needed App that home users could do with, not just businesses, so can anyone provide some info on it ?

Also if it's about to be released then how much will it cost, or is it going to be freeware as it appeared it might be at the time ?

StevieO

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I'm sure Capp will be along sooner or later to answer your enquiry....but as you said....it appears the ChatStop program he mentioned in this thread is no longer available in the link he provided :doubt:

3. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Hey StevieO. Yes I was working on ChatStop. After it was finalized and was put through quite a bit of testing, it was determined that there was a bug in the software. It would work with MSN 100% of the time, but the rest were a little less. One of the main ways the program works is by adding a deny-access entry into parts of the local registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER. The problem found, is that general users do not have access to modify this location of the registry.

I am currently working on a "work-around" and will keep everyone updated as to the status of it.

Thank You for remembering it :)

4. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Thanks Bubba,
    I have removed the link temporarily from my site and signature because of the fact that I'm working on the program.

5. Capp

Capp Registered Member

I forgot to mention..if you happen to be logged on as a user with administrative rights, ChatStop works perfectly. But it's the limited user accounts I am working on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.