ChatProbe v1.0 - Beta testing

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Capp, Nov 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Hello all,
    I am releasing my newest program, ChatProbe, for beta testing.

It is a utility that will allow you to scan any Windows based pc on your network for running chat programs and terminate it remotely. You can scan 1 at a time, or scan the whole network with a single click.

Everybody knows about the rapid increase in the number or viruses, trojans and spyware that is being transferred via instant messaging. This tool will help you keep an eye on your computers.

It works with:
    • Home Users
    • Small/Large Business
    • Corporations
    • LAN/WAN

I am wanting a few people that are willing to test it for me. All Beta testers will be given a full license upon completion of the testing phase.

I appreciate any and all feedback.

If you are interested, PM me or visit my ChatProbe site for more info and a screenshot.
    ChatProbe

Thank you for your time :)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2005
  2. Capp

Capp Registered Member

I forgot to mention, You don't have to have a large network to test this software. If you just want to play with it and see how it works, you can test it out on 1 or 2 pc's and it will work just fine...

Thanks

3. Capp

Capp Registered Member

*bump*

Hmm...I figured I'd have a better response for this program. Had some good responses via PM from BroadBandReports though.

oh well

4. StevieO

StevieO Guest

Capp there seems to something seriously wrong with your ChatProbe link !

I have tried several times over a few days to reach the page without any success. When i click on the link my IE freezes before it gets there and i have to C/A/D to kill it ?

Looks like a nice idea though.

StevieO

5. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

I'm using Opera and it's working fine here. ;)

I agree. :)

snowbound

6. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Sorry you are having problems StevieO. I have checked it using IE and Firefox from multiple computers without any problems. I appreciate the efforts and I'll take a look at it.

Thanks, I hope everyone thinks so.

So far, so good :)

7. Capp

Capp Registered Member

StevieO,
    I have done some looking into it and can't reproduce the problem. o_O
    I have accessed the link on 3 different networks, 3 different browsers, and about 25 different PC's. I'm guessing the problem is a settings issue on your end. Hmm...:) :ninja:

8. StevieO

StevieO Guest

Hi Capp,

I just tried again and the good news it's working now. 100% of every other site i visited worked perfectly as well for me before, only your link didn't. Can't explain it ? but panic over hey !

Hope it all works out well for you

StevieO

9. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Glad to hear it is working.

I was really hoping to have more of a response than this. 0 so far from Wilders. I have had a few good responses through broadbandreports though. :D;)

Maybe it is just like I was told at the anandtech forums, if I'm not willing to shell out a large sum of money, then people aren't willing to test my software for me. Even though I have given out lifetime licenses for my other software to those people that tested it for me.

Plus, this actually is a security related program, so I thought this would be the best place to get a response :p

Thanks for your response StevieO, I appreciate it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.