Chat room blocked!

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by rogervernon, May 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogervernon

rogervernon Registered Member

My O.H. is a member of a collectors club forum, part of which has a "live chat" element.
    She finds it impossible to view the chat room forum pop-up window unless IMON monitoring is disabled on HTTP sources.
    I an using NOD32 2.7, with all of Blackspear's extra settings applied by the automatic set up method.
    The chat window is a flash object and this phenomenon is apparent with IE7, Firefox and Opera - all latest versions and with all patches and necessary permissions applied.
    She is told that when she logs in to the chat room her presence is registered, but all we see this end, after the spinning logo for programme loading has spun, is a blank screen.
    The ports monitored by the HTTP element of IMON are 80, 8080, 3128.
    Has any one any suggestions as to how she can use the facility WITHOUT using the undesirable method of disabling HTTP scanning?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Is your browser actually set to higher compatibility mode?

3. rogervernon

All applications requiring internet access are currently set to higher compatibility.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Repair Winsock
    Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista

Goto Start –> Run
    type cmd and click OK.
    Type netsh winsock reset
    Press ENTER . Restart immediately !

Note that there is a space between the commands , example netshSPACEwinsockSPACEreset

After restart , open NOD32's Control Center -> Click IMON and reregisted it to the system

When IMON is ready , open Control Center -> IMON -> Setup -> "HTTP" tab -> Client compatibility and make sure all applications (at least) Internet Explorer (iexplorer.exe) are set on Higher compatibility

http://pandaman.my.contact.bg/imoncompmode.PNG

If still problems , open IMON -> Setup -> "HTTP" tab -> Server compatibility and also add the address there

5. rogervernon

Thanks Hi Tech Boy - repairing Winsock did the trick!
    All your other suggestions had been implemented already, but as I had repaired Winsock about a fortnight ago, it didn't occur to me that might be the problem.
    Again, many thanks.
    http://www.cosgan.de/images/more/./bigs/a025.gif

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome !

Nice to read you fixed your problem ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.