changing the firefox theme

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by mr mister, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr mister

mr mister Registered Member

before you change the theme for firefox from https://addons.mozilla.org, a warning is displayed that you should trust the source of the add-on
    i'm assuming that everything at https://addons.mozilla.org is trustworthy and i can go ahead and try the themes, or no?

thank you.

2. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I have been changing themes and extensions for 3 years with no problems. :D

3. Judge Dee

Judge Dee Guest

The same here, mr mister. I'm constantly playing around with extensions and themes and no problem yet.

4. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Registered Member

Trust no one. Awhile back there was quite the uproar over the Fast Dial add-on extension.

5. Eice

Eice Registered Member

I actually remember using that one! Until I discovered Speed Dial's superior features.

What was the uproar about?

6. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Even Mozilla states "Mozilla is providing links to these applications as a courtesy, and makes no representations regarding the applications or any information related there to. Any questions, complaints or claims regarding the applications must be directed to the appropriate software vendor." so while many add-ons are wonderful, Caveat Emptor.

7. AKAJohnDoe

SpeedDial :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Read the comments on the add-on page for the scoop on the upror regarding FastDial :eek:

8. Eice

Eice Registered Member

After some digging I found quite a bit of such complaints on page 6, dated around Jan 2009. Lucky thing I'd already switched to Speed Dial then, since I was put off by how Fast Dial insisted on messing with bookmarks.

Wewt.

A bit of extra searching turned up an interesting post by Wladimir Palant (creator of Adblock Plus) as well: http://adblockplus.org/blog/the-monetization-dilemma

9. AKAJohnDoe

At the risk of diverging from the actual thread topic, I will post one final comment about SpeedDial.

I find I hardly use bookmarks anymore. I have SpeedDial configured with 25 tab groups (of varying row/column geometries, ranging from 2 x 3 to 5 x 4) and use it instead in most situations. Here is what it looks like, on the * tab (which I use as simply a scratchpad area for temporary "bookmark" saving).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.