Changing the drive letter of an OEM-partition

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Hansdecocq, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Hansdecocq

Hansdecocq Registered Member

Hey

On my Windows 10 drive there is an OEM-partition including support for UEFI.
    The assigned drive is in the way of my other (usb)-drive and I want to change the OEM-partition drive letter in another letter.

Second I want to remove some of the install files on the OEM-drive. All language install files from Microsoft (I'll never/ever will use)
    Regards

Hans

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Normally an OEM partition shouldn´t be seen in the file explorer. Try to remove the letter from the Windows disk manager. And, to avoid possible problems, don´t modify the files in the partition.

3. Hansdecocq

Hey Robin

Thanks for your reply. Follow your instruction, but that portion is locked and removing the drive letter is not possible.
    I make use of Acronis 2016 and I have disabled ALL services from Acronis and tried again without success. ( It is by fare not certain that Acronis is the bad guy, but I have tried it to be sure Acrionis is not the one who is making trouble)
    Do you have other suggestions?

4. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

Hans,

It is not recommended to alter or modify OEM partitions in any way, it can render your system unbootable. What isssues is it causing with your USB drive?

5. Hansdecocq

My scripts for the automatic daily backup are all configured for a specific drive.
    There are two options, the first is changing the drive letters back-up to original (preferred) but the second is rewriting the script for the backup process. Yes live can be difficult :)
    I think based on your remarks to opt for the second and rewrite my scripts.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.