Changing subscription from one to two users; installing on new computer?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Big G 94, Jun 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big G 94

Big G 94 Registered Member

Hi, I purchased NOD32 a little while back after having some horrible luck trying to use McAfee VirusScan 10 on my computer. I had a little bit of trouble setting NOD32 up, but I got some excellent tips both here and from a bloke at ESET support, we got those issues worked out and we've had wonderful success with NOD32 since then, I don't expect to use any other AV product in the future.

However, I have a couple of other issues, although not of the technical variety.

First off, I purchased a license for our one desktop computer, because it's the only computer we use online. My wife has a laptop but she hasn't ever used it online, she uses it mostly with her genealogy programs (that's her hobby). That is about to change because we're FINALLY about to get broadband and I'm going to set up a network at home. How would I go about upgrading my purchase of one license to a purchase of two licenses, so that I could put NOD32 on her computer?

Secondly, we're about to purchase a new desktop computer. The way I read the FAQ at the ESET site, I can simply reinstall the version of NOD32 that I already have onto the new computer after uninstalling it from the previous one. Can I use the installer that I've already downloaded for the new computer, or would I need to get another one?

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Big G 94, welcome to Wilders.

Just email the Reseller or Distributor from whom you purchased and they will be able to upgrade you to a 2 user license.

Correct.

Always best to download a fresh copy unless you are certain you have the latest version of the installer.

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

3. screamer

screamer Registered Member

I had a simillar issue. Originally I purchased 2 licences for 2 of my 4 machines. Other two were trialing KAV6 (after dumping NAV2006) I wanted to purchase two more licences after KAV trial. KAV just wasn't working out... I contacted my reseller about "adding two licences to current username / password".

Reply:

Thanks for your question. Unfortunately, there is not an easy way to add licenses to existing licenses. What you could do is go ahead a purchase a new family pack license for this year. I can put a note in your file to remind you to renew all four licenses next year under a single license which would have a single username and password.

The ugly alternative would be to cancel your current 2-pack license and refund your purchase price to your credit card. Then you could purchase a 4-pack family license for $99 for one year or 2 years for $148.50. However, you would need to uninstall the current license on your two machines and then install the newly purchased license.

I opted for door #1. It cost me a few dollars more, but saved the hassle of CC refunds & re-installing apps.

...screamer

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

screamer, you should not have had that experience, what Eset usually do is cancel the existing license, upgrade the customer and place the prorated credit from the previous license against the new license.

It's done all the time here in Australia.

Cheers :D

5. screamer

screamer Registered Member

Blackspear, actually that's how I thought it would go.
    But...
    In any case, I'm delighted that I have the app on all machines and it's doing it's job :)

...screamer

6. Big G 94

Big G 94 Registered Member

I'm revisiting this thread because our new computer is supposed to arrive today and I need to get started on transferring and upgrading things.

Two things:

1. I did not purchase NOD32 from a reseller, I downloaded it directly from ESET's Web site. I have just emailed their sales department about upgrading from one to two licenses.

2. The installer I have already downloaded is version 2.51.26. Is that up-to-date or do I need a new one?

3. This computer is going to come (from Dell) with software for trial subscriptions to McAfee VirusScan and Norton's Ghost on it. I take it I should uninstall those, both at add/delete programs and with the removal tools, before installing NOD32 on the new desktop?

7. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

The 2.51 installer you have will be just fine - just remember to update ASAP after installing, which needs to be done regardless of how freshly downloaded your installer is. Some even like to update before their first reboot by manually starting the NOD32 Kernel Service then opening the Control Center anc clicking Updat Now. Rarely necessary to go that far IMHO.

Norton Ghost and it's asscoiated Live Update isn't necessarily a problem, but since your wanting to use NOD32 only then yes, go ahead and give your PC a good cleanout of McAffee as you've described.

Make sure you keep us posted - I'm sure Blackspear will be glad to hear how you get on. He may even wish to add to what I've said here.

Cheers :)

8. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

I wanted to add something to this thread - as I've been beaten over the head with this quote several times.

Eset in the USA tell me on a continual basis that it is NOT possible... so anyone reading this needs to please bear in mind your own geography.

Australia - possible to upgrade the license
    USA - not so much...

hth

Greg

9. klintan

klintan Registered Member

I'm in the same position and would like to change a single user license
    to two or three licenses and buy/renew them for two years.

I do not need local support and am looking for an international
    reseller/distributor who can help me.

If you know a reseller who can do this please send me a PM.
    Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.