Changing BIOS on SATA Drives

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by aarond38, May 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aarond38

aarond38 Registered Member

Using TI-9 I imaged my entire old SATA drive(w/all partitions) and placed that image on my new SATA drive. When I look in computer mngt. they copied exactly right. All the partitions are the same.
    I gave my new drive a different name and it came up in mngt. as drive "F". (Old drive is drive "C")
    In the Bios my old SATA drive is Disk "0", the new SATA drive is Disk "1".

If I reboot computer and go into BIOS and turn off old drive ("0") & leave new drive ("1") turned on will I be able to use new drive without making any other changes? In other words will I be fully functional?

If all this is possible when & if new drive fails can I go back into BIOS reactivate old drive by turning it back on and be back in business again without physically entering computer and pluging & unpluging connections?

Also, would it be better to not use the image that is on the new drive and just clone old drive to new drive? I am new to computers so I appreciate using non technical terms by others that are understandable to all. I know how easy it is for a "NEWBIE" to screw up big-time and I want to go slow and cautiously after reading about some of the nightmares people are having that get in a hurry.

I am using Windows XP PRO, Pentium 4 & have up to date build on TI-9 home.
    Thanks so much.

Aarond38

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello aarond38,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please find my answer here. Also please try to avoid posting duplicate threads in the future as it sometimes doubles our work.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.