Changes in port numbers, routing tables, connecting...

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by Ir_Druid, May 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ir_Druid

Ir_Druid Registered Member

My very simple network: DSL modem/router & iPad 2,2. Router SSID off, login changed, WPA convoluted encryption.
    Began to have network login (and other) problems at least a year ago. I have no IT/network background and hope someone here has a diagnosis. At this time I am not connected to icloud, have no push enabled, have nothing running on iTunes. The Network Analyzer app shows Port 62078 is always listening, data streaming, ports 49153-49165 established at power up, bz.push active, etc. I've looked up some of the ports and see soft phone (which is double scary because my cell has rec'd odd calls/commands) and Xsan. All of my apps have crashed and now have .ips at the end. Each time I look up .ips file, I find a different explanation.
    Most recently I was unable to login to my bank account and after reaching the bank and changing PW found an http: file in my address book that would not open because it was a "local" file. Huh?
    I'd like to know how to establish and maintain a closed, secure, private network without having the creepy feeling that my iPad screen is showing up on somebody's Apple TV.
    Can anyone point me in that direction? Please.
    I do have a MacMini which I disconnected because file sharing and wifi was turning itself on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.