Changed server ip, clients switched, but 10 will not

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Ghlave, Mar 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghlave

Ghlave Registered Member

I follow the instructions laid out in:
    http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN884

This worked great, except I have about 10 clients that are still reporting to the old server. I've tried issuing the task to them again, it completes successfully, but they still keep right on reporting to the old server. Is there something I can do?

2. Ghlave

Ghlave Registered Member

No ideas? No logs to look at? Nothing?

3. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

I would push down a fresh installer package to them with the new server IP specified in the configuration.

You might want to consider using hostname instead of IP in the future. It gives you the flexibility of creating a cname alias from the old hostname to the new one to repoint clients like this that aren't behaving properly.

4. Ghlave

Ghlave Registered Member

Hmmm, my clients were (mostly) installed with GPO. I've not used the push feature.

A couple of them aren't on the domain either, they are in satellite offices just using workgroups.

5. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

Try setting a policy that points the clients to the new server and attach the problem ones on to that instead of just doing configuration pushes. Couldn't hurt to try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.