Changed ERAS Server name, now ERAS service will not start

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by schwank, Oct 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schwank

schwank Registered Member

We are running NOD32 4.0.424 Business. The server machine that has the ERAS service was formerly a backup DC. We demoted it to a normal server in the domain, and in order to assure that it was no longer servicing any requests we renamed the machine.

At this time the ERAS service will not start on the server. I attempt to start it and just get a message that it stopped right away. No Event Log entries are created. All clients are getting upgrades, however I need to audit my machines and without the ERAS console that is difficult.

Is there an entry for this somewhere in a config file that I can change? What might I need to do to enable the ERAS service to start again.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd suggest checking the ERAS log "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET\ESET Remote Administrator\Server\logs\era.log" to find out why the ERAS service could not start.

3. schwank

schwank Registered Member

Sorry for posting in the wrong forum, and THANKS for the response.

Using that log I found this message:
    "The server name stored in the database (xxx) does not match the actual server name (xxxx). This can mean the database is used by another server. If you want to continue using this database enable "Ignore database server name mismatch" setting in the server advanced settings, or run the server once with the switch /server_name_repair to repair the server name stored in the database."

The switches did not seem to work, but I connected directly to the SQL DB and updated the two server values in the DBProperty table. The service now starts and I have been able to connect my remote console to the server.

Thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.