Change the time at which a Back up starts

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by DerekB, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DerekB

DerekB Registered Member

I have just installed Acronis True Image Home (Windows Vista Home Premium) and it has run fine for the first few days.
    I now want to start the backup earlier as it is not finishing until after midnight, I have tried to edit the backup job but it will not let me get to the time scheduling without selecting a new backup archive.
    Is this possible without having to create a new back up job?
    Thanks
    Derek

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Derek,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

The program should allow you to edit the backup task. I suggest you to update the scheduler service. After that you should re-create the current task, but this will help to avoid the same issue in the future.

Please download Acronis Scheduler, which is a special utility to update the scheduler service. The link is available here

Extract the downloaded file, run install.bat and wait for the process to be completed. The utility will automatically update the service. Reboot the computer and re-create the task. The issue should be resolved.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

3. DerekB

DerekB Registered Member

Hi Oleg,
    Thanks for the tip, I have downloaded and run Scheduler.
    Now when I edit the task the Browse button is active, I browsed the task and selected the latest backup. But the Next button is still not activated, so it is still not possible to set a new start time.

Does ' re-create the task.' mean delete the backup job and create it again?

Also if on the 'Backup Wizard - Target Backup archive' window I click 'Select' with 'add to existing backup archive' selected then Acronis crashes.

Regards
    Derek

4. bottom

bottom Registered Member

i've read/found the recommendation
    to update the scheduler
    in several threads...

- will the scheduler be fixed in the next release ?
    ...or is it required to update this service manually every time o_O

bottom

5. DerekB

DerekB Registered Member

Hi Oleg,
    Please ingone my previous post.
    I have run the Scheduler update.
    I have 3 back up tasks set to run a different times. Now I find that the next button is active but everytime I click it I get the message that 'The file Photos Back up is part or the incremental back up Photos Back up'.
    I have tried selecting other combinations of back up files but all give the same result.
    The only way I could avoid the message was to create a new backup archive.
    So I deleted the smaller archive (task and files) and created a new back up and this one seems to work OK, I can change the frequency of back up with out problems.
    Do I have to repeat this for the other backup tasks which are much larger and a new archive will run for 12 hours.
    Is there any way around this?
    Thanks
    Derek

6. Acronis Support

Hello DerekB,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image Home 2009

I may recommend you download recently released new build of the program (build 9796) from your account on our web site, recreate schedule tasks and see if the issue persists.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

7. DerekB

DerekB Registered Member

Hi Dimitry,
    I have tried to down load the build no 9796 but the only build number I can get access to is # 9770 May 29, 2009 which is older than the one you recomend.
    The build no you recomend is only on the US English page and it will not let me down load from there.
    Please can someone help me sort this out.
    Derek

8. Davidj

Davidj Registered Member

I would llike to see bottom's question answered.

9. Davidj

Davidj Registered Member

Can anybody answer the question asked in post number 4?

10. bottom

bottom Registered Member

bump!

11. jehosophat

jehosophat Registered Member

Just redo the backup schedule from scratch rather than edit an exiting one. There are bugs in some builds which mean that edits dont work.

To answer post 4.

Acronis never promise they just say that they "expect" the bugs to be fixed in the next release. So we just live in hope.

The people who make the promises on Acronis Support appear to be different people to those who do the coding. It has been suggested that they may even be based in a different country. Some of the Acronis staff are based I think in Russia.

These are user forums so we dont fix or write the programs, we are just the poor sods who do the testing and quality control, as we paid money for the product!

12. Acronis Support

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

DerekB,

It appears that you have the UK license, and the latest build available for the UK license is build #9770. I can replace the license with the US license, please let me know your serial number via PM.

bottom,

The latest builds of Acronis True Image already have build #325 of Acronis scheduler. When we suggest to run Acronis Scheduler utility, it means that the scheduler service has been installed improperly, and Acronis Scheduler utility allows to re-install Acronis Scheduler separately, without reinstalling the entire program.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.