change multiple computer's update servers setting to local mirror server

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by skinzzz, Jul 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skinzzz

skinzzz Registered Member

hi all
    i have about 25 pcs, which are receiving udpates from internet as of now.
    i want to mass change them all at once from "choose automatically" to my local server "http://w2k8dc:2221"
    i tried to force registry settings through gpo, but the registry doesnt update, and access is denied as per event viewer error.
    is there any other way to achieve this ??

all computers are in domain.

thanks

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If the clients connect to an ERA server, you can push a configuration manually or by means of a policy.

3. skinzzz

skinzzz Registered Member

marcos, thanks for your advise.

but i am sorry, i forgot to mention that i am not using era server.

any registry key which i can merge ?
    i tried doing it, but the registry doesnt merge, and throws an error in event viewer.

4. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

You definitely should put ERAC/ERAS in place, especially if you already have a server. ERAC/ERAS are really helpful and stable tools, and you can easily push out any changes you want to the client PCs, even if they are offsite.

if I were you, I'd get ERAC/ERAS set up then manually go round the 25 PCs and get them to connect to the server. It's a once-only thing, you'll never need to do it again.

Even if we only had 5 PCs, I'd be lost without ERAC. We have 120 and it's a great tool

Jim

5. P_R_

P_R_ Eset Staff Account

Hello,

the ERA is a very good idea.
    You are not able to merge registry manually, because they are protected.

With ERA you have overview about what is going on your network and you could change the configuration of all/selected clients with ease.

In case you would have some issues with ERA just let us know we will help you.

6. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

without ERA, you should save the config file on a machine with the correct update server, you can edit it to ONLY have the update server settings (the file is XML) - then import it into the machines - without ERA, this will be on a 1-by-1 basic - but that's the price for not running ERA...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.