Change drive letter for OS

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by tintin814, Mar 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tintin814

tintin814 Registered Member

I have installed both Win XP and Vista in my machine, where XP in C drive and Vista in H drive. Now I want to keep Vista only and format the Win XP. So is it possible to change the drive label for Vista from H to C? Will this action cause any problem, such as unable to boot into Windows, programs installed in Vista cannot function properly?

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

3. tintin814

tintin814 Registered Member

Thanks for your quick response.

I tried the method mentioned in the post. However, an error message was given stated that I cannot change the drive letter since it is the system partition and the boot partition as well. So I wanna know is it possible to do it by DD10.

4. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, tintin814

Sorry my bad, I did not read your post correctly. :oops:

There is a option to do it in DDS [only if used in Windows, it is not on the rescue BootCD], but you would be well advised not to use it on your OS Partition, because the OS file Association with H will be broken.

Unless the letter change part [tool] of DDS re-make the Association. [do you feel lucky :D ]

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.