Chances of being infected using 2 drives (one for Linux, the other for Windows)?

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Amanda, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amanda

Amanda Registered Member

I'm a paranoid. I don't use Windows. But I still have a valid licence and I want to continue flying with FSX.

The problem is that I always consider the worse: A virus infecting Windows, then infecting my BIOS (rare, I know) or staying at RAM for a few minutes. Is this even possible? I hear that data can stay at RAM for a period of time, I just don't know how much time it is. And even so, malware written for Windows won't know what to do with an ext4 filesystem, and with such a system that don't have the same structure as Windows. Not to mention I won't have both HD's on at the same time, either I use the 1TB HD (that only has Linux), or I unplug it completely and then turn the Windows drive on.

But that's the problem. I'm a freaking paranoid. I know that the chances are close to zero, but you think that it makes a difference? LOL

Please give some advices. :rolleyes:

2. Kyle1420

Kyle1420 Registered Member

3. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

The chances are absolutely zero.
    Mrk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.