CFP3 v Prevx 2

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by keith_thfc, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keith_thfc

keith_thfc Registered Member

Just wanted to know how you guys felt that the CFP 3 HIPS solution compared to Prevx.

Have used Prevx before and was thinking of possibly using it again now there is a Vista beta version. But I do like CFP v3 which includes HIPS - so am now thinking there would be no need for Prevx.

Look forward to your comments.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

To me, Prevx is more mature and has less popups.

Also Prevx is just a community IPS whereas Comodo is a firewall + HIPS. If you already use Comodo might as well use Defence+.

3. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

I've been using both products side by side for some time with no issues,the reason being,as stated by the previous post,PrevX is not a typical HIPS.CFP3 does tend to be quite noisy initially while it's learning and overall you can expect more queries than PrevX,due to the huge community database of PrevX allowing far more automatic determination of files.

If you're the type of user that just likes to get on with stuff without to much interference then PrevX would be the preferred option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.