CFP 3.0.22.349 basic & ThreatFire 3.5.0

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by mesto, May 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mesto

mesto Registered Member

Hello.

I am new to the Comodo Firewall Pro. I've been told that the D+ feature is the best HIPS in the market, but that it is extremely intrusive, so I've only installed the basic firewall feature.

I would like to ask you whether it would be a good idea to use the new ThreatFire 3.5 together with my CFP. As I understand, ThreatFire now comes equipped with an on-demand AV scanner. Will it be possible for CFP and TF to live in harmony on my computer.

I'm thinking of turning to the D+ later on, but only after I become more familiar with these things. Until then, I could use, as I hear, a pretty good behaviour blocker, TF 3.5.

What do you think?

Thanks

MesTo

my OS Vista Ultimate
    my AV NOD32 2.70.39

2. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

This may help.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=207773

3. Makav3l1

Makav3l1 Registered Member

If you have disabled D+ then running threatfire shouldn't cause any problems. However, as someone who has used Comodo V3 w/ D+ since it came out, I think that not using it under the impression that it is too noisy is a bad excuse. Run it in training mode for a day, then turn it on and see if you can handle it. I find that once you have it used to your programs (which isn't hard if you can click treat as trusted application from a drop down menu), then all you need do is run it in install mode when you install new programs. It's not really as involved as people make it out to be.

4. mesto

mesto Registered Member

Thank you both for your advice.

Since you said there will be no problems, I've decided to install TF. I'll see where it goes from there.
    I do plan to try the D+, but not yet. I simply don't have time for it right now.

Cheers

MesTo

Last edited: May 1, 2008
  5. mesto

mesto Registered Member

I installed TF yesterday. It's running smoothly with CFP. No problems whatsoever... at least for now. :)

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.