Certain pages won't load in any browser

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by colt45allstar, Nov 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. colt45allstar

colt45allstar Registered Member

Vote.sparklit.com is but one example. I've tried opera and firefox (in which nothing happens.. the screen just ends up blank) and also internet exploer where I get the "this page cannot be loaded" message.

Oddly enough the sparklit homepage and most of the other pages on the site load fine.

It's frustrating and I'm at a loss. I'm fairly certain that I don't have any malware that would be causing it and some of the pages are ones I really need to get to.

A good 98 percent of sites load up fine... it's just the few that don't that bug me.

Now for as much info as possible...

I think it's possibly a router issue. My roommate got a good deal on a D Link di-604 router and shortly after that is when this problem first started to occur.

I have 4 Meg broadband from Cable one and my computer and my roommate's computer are both connected through the router and cable modem.

Any ideas of what this might be?

2. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Hosts file?

3. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

proxy, firewall??
    Try to ping and tracert the problematic sites.

4. colt45allstar

colt45allstar Registered Member

Just tried a proxy workaround by using proxify.com

It was reccommended on another forum and worked!

Turns out that it's been happening to alot of people (not being able to connect to one or two random websites, while the rest load fine) and it's speculated that it has something to do with recent windows updates.

The workaround seems to be the only fix for now, though hopefully someone will be able to find out the exact cause overtime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.