Centralised SPAM and Email filter

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by Yamin, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yamin

Yamin Registered Member

Hi all

I hope this is the right place to post this. Just joined few minutes ago.

We have just moved over to ESET from Sophos/McAfee/Symantec for all our customer sites for the desktop and fileserver anti-virus products.

I wonder does eset offer a centralised mail/spam filter on a gateway machine, the kind offered by GFI/Sophos/Symantec. Basically our emails flow to a gateway machine where it gets cleaned by the GFI software, then it gets passed to the Exchange server and downloaded to the outlook clients.

Even the eset software for the mail server does not do this. It sits on the exchnage server checking the emails that have already arrived to the server.

The gateway software offered by ESET seems to be aimed at filtering the web traffic hence looks at http and ftp based traffic.

Regards

Yamin

2. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

is this what you have in mind?

3. Yamin

Yamin Registered Member

Hi

Yes thanks. But do you know how good the product is? I know eset are good with the anti-virus but was not sure on the spam side.

Regards

Yamin

4. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

i can tell you were testing it few months ago and it did really well, better than expected really

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.