Cellphone Software Encryption

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by strongsword, Oct 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strongsword

strongsword Registered Member

I am looking for a TrueCrypt like program for my Smartphone. Is there anything like that out there

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. strongsword

kk i just read that article and it basically said most new smart or superphones are hardware encrypted.

it didn`t list any softwares that are currently out for cellphones

4. NormanN

NormanN Registered Member

Get a Nexus S and run WhisperCore from Moxie's Whisper Systems. Then run TextSecure and RedPhone.

NN

5. strongsword

Whispercore sounds great! Will definitely try it out later.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  6. x942

x942 Guest

I am using it and give it a huge thumbs up! It works so well and comes with a FireWall and permision controls so you can limit what apps can access!

Moxie did an amazing job on it. I personal would like it to be Open Source but it does use LUKS and is from a reputable source. If you would prefer a Open Source solution you can manually set up LUKS on any rooted android phone with some work.

EDIT: I should note I do use an iPhone as well (when I want a phone for fun and not security; most of the time I use my Nexus S) and have yet to find any solution for iOS (jailbroken). If anyone knows of any please post! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.