cell phone as a mass storage problem.Please help!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by cet, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cet

cet Registered Member

Yesterday I bought a new phone.It is benq siemens EF71.In its book it says that if I connect it to the PC it is recognized as a mass storage.I tried; at first it was recognized but while windows was trying to install it something happened and something like this was shown:windows could not install it properly.After that windows did not see it as a new device and I can not use it.It is also not shown in the drivers so I could uninstall and install again.I cannot transfer anything into that damn phone.Any help will be appreciated.
    According to its book; the cell phone and its micro sd card has to be recognized as two different usb storage mass units,just like a flash driver.

2. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

3. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

WoW, that might be a stretch but not beyond the possibility of storing at least some data.

My Motorola is chalked full of Recorded Movie Video as well as open video taken anytime. You see i equipped it with a memory trans-flash card so it increased it's storage capacity, but aside from video/pics, i don't think i would be inclined to use it as storage for other extensions never intended although it wouldn't surprise me if i could.

Interesting thought and idea though. A pen drive would likely serve as a better medium for mass storage IMO. Handsets are still not out of the equation by any means. I use mine for storage as well as voice recognition, calls, GPS locator, and likely more features not even discovered yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.